5-7-20 First Weigh-In Of May....Is This Going To Be A Good Month?

Belle

Hello Mel..Typing at same time. I'm slow.

No on cauli here too. Could eat it if have to but don't have to.:classic_laugh:

Great try on the bike, I use to ride don''t think I could now. The seat would be a problem plus the legs!!

To me walking is the best but like you use to ride the bike and do weights  at the gym

but stopped when parents and husband got sick.

Have a good week.

I got a bike a few years ago after loosing a bunch of weight, but have never actually learned to ride 😮 I got close a couple times, but have a strong fear of falling that makes me freeze up about the time when I think I could maybe get the hang of it.  It didn't help that summer I also got a concussion and had to stop most exercise, then started my hip issues and pretty much gave up trying.  I really need to get back on and try again.

I tried broccoli again last night (another veggie I usually can't stand).  Still not a fan of the tops (texture mostly), but actually liked the taste of the "trunks" - who knew!  Almost didn't get my cardio done yesterday but DD didn't let us forget 🙂 - it was a really fun workout so I'm glad we did it.  Today is lifting 💪 and if weather cooperates a walk with DH before supper (meatloaf and cauliflower fried rice with mixed veg).

Morning! Thanks for the welcome. I've been trying to focus on what I'm eating, and trying to move more. It's hard because it has been cold up here! Long range forecast shows it will warm up so hopefully I'll be able to get out for more walks, and eventually bike rides. My son loves to ride his bike and hasn't been able too. Normally he'd ride off and find some friends and they'd go to the park, but of course he can't do that right now 😞 Hopefully in a few more weeks he'll be able to do that, or he'll agree to go with me. Last summer we went and he cut the ride short because he thought I looked like I couldn't do it. Once upon a time I loved riding, so hopefully I'll get back to it. 

I love cauliflower so often do it in place of mashed potatoes 🙂 I have never been able to get them "riced" so I appreciate the how to for that, I always thought you had to cook it first! Oops. Rice is a lot of points so it would be good to be able to replace that with cauliflower. 

I have 208 days until I'm supposed to be getting on a cruise... if that happens I'd really like to be down 30 or more pounds. And even if I can't get there, I'd still like to be down that much 🙂 

• Like 1

Very reasonable goal - about a pound a week.  I've heard from several sources that 80% is nutrition and while exercise is important only a small part of the weight loss.  Consistency is key too: I've discovered I can't be good only 5/7ths of the time then blow off the weekend and get the results I want - who knew 🤣

• Like 1

Happy Tuesday.

Belle, nice you saw your kids. 

I enjoyed reading about people's bike riding. Hubby and I do that sometimes but as I get older I'm a little more scared of falling. I think hubby feels that way too. We'll probably go for a ride here and there. We have a park behind our house so we don't have to go into traffic (which I never do on a bike). I like my stationary bike better, firmly planted in the spare bedroom......

Today our weather changed, rainy and cool. Thank goodness we needed a break from the heat. Supposed to rain over the next few days.

Funny about vegetables, I love them, pretty much all of them. 

OK, have good day.

Diana

It's rainy here today too, so the kids and I are going to try a Zumba class my gym has online. With the overcast weather, I would rather just crawl back into bed though. 😴

MamatoJack - You can buy riced cauliflower in the frozen section down here. We have some in the freezer...but I have no idea what it tastes like! DH was going to try a recipe, and it somehow never makes it onto our plates. We have tried the mashed cauliflower, and I couldn't add enough butter and sour cream to mask the flavor. In the end it wasn't worth all the calories and fat I was adding into it. I think someone mentioned fried cauliflower rice - maybe that would work for me? I love Chinese food, but oh the carbs! Perhaps with enough soy sauce?

Pacruise - We try to do the 80% too. I've also heard that you make your body in the kitchen and just sculpt it in the gym. 

• Like 2

Afternoon All

It's nice to read that everyone is "keeping on" with a semi normal life.

Talking about food and exercise.  I know "what else can we do"!

I tried the rice before didn't like it but don't like cauliflower, so guess that would of happen.

Main thing I tried. Like the old saying try just one bite you might like it..I Didn't!

What I like which has been selling at a good price is Avocado's, know high in cals but it

is a good fat.  Buying things that I like now when price is low before they go up again.

Like was buying asparagus for a few weeks then prices went way up.

Like meat the prices have really gone up since they say there will be a shortage.

What are your prices at your stores?  Can you get what you want?  

Exercise..Have you really been exercising like you would like or should do? I know I haven't.

Why? I don't know..just don't want to and know I should.  Need to walk more.

Everyone have a good/afternoon night.  Take care:classic_smile:

Beef is the main thing we can't get at our stores right now, and all meats are at a limit.  I am very grateful for a stocked freezer and friends that raise cattle for sale.

Produce has been about the same.  Yeast couldn't be found anywhere for the longest time but I finally found some at Sam's yesterday - way more than I need but at least now I can try some recipes for healthier breads at home.

Certain canned goods seem to be out or low, but I can always adjust the menu.

Exercise has been much better since joining a plan and having accountability.  I even picked up some weights yesterday (10's and 15's) for lifting days.  Fitness equipment is another thing that seems to have a shortage.  Weather hasn't been very cooperative for walking - or at least windy/cold/rainy that I can talk myself out of it.

Hello,

Things are still in good supply where we are. There is a good supply of meat products but prices are higher or you can't get exactly what you want but you can get something, maybe it's chicken drumsticks instead of thighs, etc. 

We went to a market Monday wanting some sale beef and chicken but they were out (of course). They had a full meat dept. though of all kinds of items and no limits. We still have a lot of meat in our freezer so passed on anything. Lots of pasta, canned goods, no limits. We noticed the frozen vegetables were wiped out. 

But otherwise this store was well stocked with everything. 

Diana

• Like 1

The only thing I've been consistently having trouble finding since the beginning is Cheese Hot Pockets. My DD is autistic, and while she is getting more adventurous at dinner, there are only a handful of things she will eat at lunch.  I've been doing grocery pick up, and last week I got the notice, like every week, that they were out of stock. I got to the store a few minutes before my window, so I decided to run in to get a couple things I couldn't add to my cart before the cut off time. Guess what I found? I carried as many boxes as my short little arms could right up to the register. I'm sure they have been hard to keep on the shelf with every kid home for lunch now.

• Like 1

Mel, I love hot pockets too. No problem finding them here, we're fortunate I suppose. We usually buy the 10 pack. 

You know what I can't find for the last month (and these are huge grocery stores we've been to, until today at Dollar Tree): dishwasher detergent and kleenex. The Dollar Tree had everything and no limits and even toilet paper, got that too. 

Have a good evening.

Diana