Same Ship Different Day by crew on Coral Princess

G&T Cruisers

Thanks so much for sharing. And thanks to Alfie for keeping us informed with such a professional presentation.

To me at least, it’s so sad seeing all of those ships just languishing. It actually brought a tear to my eye. Must be getting soft in my old age.

We just cancelled our August cruise with extended family on Adventure of the Seas, & have fingers crossed that our repo on Sky Princess will sail from NY as planned. It’s Sky’s first scheduled sailing after the extended shutdown.

Edited by richsea

we just had our Oct 27th Med cruise cancelled by Princess.  So that is three trips this year cancelled.  I guess we will look to 2021 for better results.  Have a great weekend

I appreciate viewing this video.  I find it difficult to wrap my mind around what ship is where, going where, etc.  It rather reminds me of the old Abbott and Costello routine of "Who's on First..".

I have been following this vlog for a few weeks. It is very informative and a different perspective from passenger vlogs. There are a couple other crew vlogs I follow but this is the only officer’s vlog. I just watched his episode about cruise ships filling Manila Bay, it is so sad to see all these wonderful ships treated like pariahs. 

3 hours ago, G&T Cruisers said:

This is his latest video on the ships and crew in Manila Bay

G+T. Thanks so much for posting this. We were on the Coral in January and love the ship. Followed the Other thread when passengers were still posting and will definitely continue with this one. I hope all crew members on all ships will be home soon. 

Does anyone know what this gentleman's Officer rank is?  I see two wide bars which I think denotes a 2nd Officer.  There is a 3rd bar, but it does not appear to be as wide as the other two bars.  If it is 3 bars, then I think that denotes a First Officer.  I am just curious.  That is the reason for my asking this question.

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Does anyone know what this gentleman's Officer rank is?  I see two wide bars which I think denotes a 2nd Officer.  There is a 3rd bar, but it does not appear to be as wide as the other two bars.  If it is 3 bars, then I think that denotes a First Officer.  I am just curious.  That is the reason for my asking this question.

Found it, the half stripe denotes Alfie is the senior second officer!

Edited by beg3yrs
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

Thank you very much for the information!  

I kept wondering as I have watched his videos, is that a "half stripe" or not.  

On 5/10/2020 at 1:12 PM, rkacruiser said:

On 5/10/2020 at 3:56 PM, beg3yrs said:

Correct, on one of the videos, he actually mentions his promotion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-dHsWYAPOM&t=3s

• 1 year later...