Has Marina's suite undergone renovation

Hawaiidan

56 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

I hope & believe that social distancing is needed only now until a vaccine and/or cure is found.

No need to build new ships with this concept in mind because if social distancing is the only and best thing we can do for COVID in the future then there is no future in cruising IMO.

The question is how long that will take and can the cruise lines hold out that long?

On 5/10/2020 at 3:02 PM, clo said:

And it won't be "fun." Is there a soul who wants to pay good money and not have fun?

I think that what those of us who are sheltering in very comfortable and spacious suburban homes may fail to realize is that quite a large percentage of our fellow cruisers find themselves in tiny urban apartments, many without access to a car or a private outdoor space.

More than fun, those people simply want OUT.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanandJim said:

I think that what those of us who are sheltering in very comfortable and spacious suburban homes may fail to realize is that quite a large percentage of our fellow cruisers find themselves in tiny urban apartments, many without access to a car or a private outdoor space.

Good point.

15 minutes ago, StanandJim said:

I think people can venture out  as long as they keep space  between others

I know my sister lives in  Toronto & is working from home but does take short walks  outside   when the weather is good

Otherwise  her groceries are delivered  to the apt & her kids  stand outside  & she chats to them from her balcony on the 4 th floor

20 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I think people can venture out  as long as they keep space  between others

True enough for those of us who hail from North America, but elsewhere on the globe the rules are far  more stringent.  

• Like 1

perhaps they will copy a similar concept to Viking. With some sort of enclosed conservatory that leads onto the main pool. This would be a better use of space of the current baristas and make it easier to access from the pool. It could also be a new speciality restaurant offering during the evening. Perhaps Peruvian? 

I was on Marina during Febuary and we commented how alot of space on the top decks are wasted and could be far better designed on the new ship. We even thought horizons could have a better connection with the pool. however perhaps this new Baristas will fill that void enough 

2 hours ago, Chris86 said:

perhaps they will copy a similar concept to Viking. With some sort of enclosed conservatory that leads onto the main pool. This would be a better use of space of the current baristas and make it easier to access from the pool. It could also be a new speciality restaurant offering during the evening. Perhaps Peruvian? 

Maybe a slide  to the pool from Baristas area ?? 😎

I am sue  it will be the same on Marina as Riviera  ..maybe with a few tweaks now since they will have to do away with self serve for the food area

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Maybe a slide  to the pool from Baristas area ?? 😎

I am sue  it will be the same on Marina as Riviera  ..maybe with a few tweaks now since they will have to do away with self serve for the food area

Here's Flatbush Flyer from another thread. (Sorry I don't know how to copy the thread link)

With some ships already repositioning for multi-directional deployment in regions aligned with original itineraries, my money's on FDRs prognostication that NCLH will have a rolling restart of all 3 cruise lines starting in the 3rd and 4th quarters of this year.

That said, I expect that those NCLH cruise ships chosen for the selective restart will follow the lead of most airlines (at least through the end of the year) to require masks in any location where social distancing cannot be maintained.

As I consider how our upcoming month long Athens-Athens-Dubai November cruise on Oceania Nautica might look/act in the "new normal," I foresee many of the same hygiene/food safety modifications we experienced this past February on that same ship: paper menus, zero self service food/drink (even more so than the usual "no touching the food" in the Terrace Café), constant vigilance about hand sanitizing, symptom screening in every port, etc.

Added "notably different" items may include moving the entertainment "venue" from the Nautica showroom to live broadcast on a CCTV station; multiples of gatherings like Captain's welcome, O Club event, etc (all with masks) to reduce attendance at any one time; larger transports for lowered numbers on tours; and (I hope) the same pre-boarding Covid-19  quick-testing being used by Emirates Air; no tables for 6/8 in any dining venue and expanded meal hours to "thin the herd."

Though I don't love the idea (if ports I wanted are included), I can see increased sea days substituted for "no go" ports.

Then, there will be reservations for limited seating at afternoon tea and expanded happy-hours with occupancy limits imposed.

Fortunately, O ships have great space ratios. So, they already have a head start on much of this.

10 hours ago, clo said:

Here's Flatbush Flyer from another thread. (Sorry I don't know how to copy the thread link)

maybe  your time would be better spent on a course  for reading & comprehension

🙄

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

maybe  your time would be better spent on a course  for reading & comprehension

🙄

I do quite well, thank you. Perhaps you didn't like FF's comments.

1 hour ago, clo said:

I do quite well, thank you. Perhaps you didn't like FF's comments.

Judging by what you replied to my post  with  it appears  you do not 🙄

It had NOTHING to do with  what I posted to CHRIS

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Judging by what you replied to my post  with  it appears  you do not 🙄

It had NOTHING to do with  what I posted to CHRIS

My sharing that was simply to point out that the restrictions may be way beyond what people are saying they consider acceptable. Sorry if I wasn't clear.