Uk14 day quarantine

Our London based daughter arrived on March 15...and has had two (or three?) BA flights cancelled...now has a voucher. She will try again to get back to London in the next few weeks. She understands she must stay in her apartment. I guess a friend will have to food shop for her if she isn’t allowed to leave. 

It’s not a good feeling that I couldn’t get to her if she needed me. 

15 minutes ago, bigeck said:

They say quarantine but I believe it's self isolating. Should start at the end of the month

Pretty much the same thing surely?

Person steps off a plane/ship and goes into self isolation for 14 days - if that person is in self isolation isn't that the same as being in quarantine ?

" ... a state, period, or place of isolation in which people or animals that have arrived from elsewhere or been exposed to infectious or contagious disease are placed ... "

19 minutes ago, bigeck said:

They say quarantine but I believe it's self isolating. Should start at the end of the month

Doesn't bode well for our British Isles cruise July 6. We're to start in Dublin and end in Southampton. I wish the cruise line would just cancel it now if it's not going to be a go. 

7 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Doesn't bode well for our British Isles cruise July 6. We're to start in Dublin and end in Southampton. I wish the cruise line would just cancel it now if it's not going to be a go. 

I think that's gone. Amsterdam isn't allowing flights yet.

My son is due home from work in Norway. He usually flies through Amsterdam but no go this time. He is going to stay at work instead of self isolating and then doing 14 days quarantine when he goes back

14 minutes ago, ZiggaZagga17 said:

Pretty much the same thing surely?

Person steps off a plane/ship and goes into self isolation for 14 days - if that person is in self isolation isn't that the same as being in quarantine ?

" ... a state, period, or place of isolation in which people or animals that have arrived from elsewhere or been exposed to infectious or contagious disease are placed ... "

Self isolating you are allowed to go out as long as your not in contact with anyone. For quarantine in Norway my son was confined to a hotel room with 1 our outside. Quarantine is a lot stricter

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigeck said:

I think that's gone. Amsterdam isn't allowing flights yet.

My son is due home from work in Norway. He usually flies through Amsterdam but no go this time. He is going to stay at work instead of self isolating and then doing 14 days quarantine when he goes back

We're Dublin to Southampton. Is Dublin requiring 14 day quarantine when arriving? 

1 minute ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

We're Dublin to Southampton. Is Dublin requiring 14 day quarantine when arriving? 

Yes 14 days

Also where are you staying - no hotels are open until at least 20 July

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smush21 said:

Yes 14 days

Also where are you staying - no hotels are open until at least 20 July

I read that in the Ireland plan to reopen. I just wish Azamara would cancel the cruise so we could cancel tours, hotel, air etc. and get in line for our refund. Sad we won't get to see your part of the world this year. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

3 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Sorry. Forgot you were Azamara. As Smush says 14 days aswell

When you arrive in Dublin or an other airport you have to provide the address at which you are 'isolating' at for the next 14 days.  The authorities can check if this is the case. 

I'm not sure what happens when you leave.

So if someone wants to avoid quarantine. Just go to France and take the Chunnel over?

This makes no sense. How is there less chance of getting infected from a French citizen or anyone who can make their way to France?

This is like quarantining  flights from NYC airports...but New Jersey flights from Newark are okay.

20 hours ago, bigeck said:

Self isolating you are allowed to go out as long as your not in contact with anyone. For quarantine in Norway my son was confined to a hotel room with 1 our outside. Quarantine is a lot stricter

Fair enough! 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2020 at 6:55 PM, soloadventurer said:

Its ok you can fly into Ireland then scoot up the road to the UK no border checks 

You would need a ferry to cross the Irish sea to get to England, Scotland and Wales.

Up the road from Ireland takes you to Northern Ireland only although it is part of the UK.

• Thanks 1