Celebrity Cruises Concierge Class

ropo26

2 hours ago, oceangoer2 said:

Usually C1-2-3 cabins are in preferred locations which is a + for some of us.  In OP's case FV would be best for them IMO...location and size of verandah.

I've always been curious about people who pay for location.

We have done it on Millennium class in order to get Deck 11, which is our favorite location on any ship.   And I can see unique locations, like the aft rooms.  

Otherwise, it seems like an AQ on one deck is in the same spot as a normal Veranda on another deck, or Concierge is adjacent to a normal veranda with a bigger balcony, and so on.    We have our preferred location, which is not far from the aft stairs (no elevators for us!) so we're an easy walk to the back deck/Sunset Bar where we spend much of our time.  Granted, we walk many miles per day despite the location.

Edited by D C

16 minutes ago, D C said:

We have done it on Millennium class in order to get Deck 11, which is our favorite location on any ship.   And I can see unique locations, like the aft rooms.  

Otherwise, it seems like an AQ on one deck is in the same spot as a normal Veranda on another deck, or Concierge is adjacent to a normal veranda with a bigger balcony, and so on.    We have our preferred location, which is not far from the aft stairs (no elevators for us!) so we're an easy walk to the back deck/Sunset Bar where we spend much of our time.  Granted, we walk many miles per day despite the location.

Not sure of your point, but if I read correctly, you have a preference to be near the Sunset Bar...so your walk back to your cabin will be a short wobbly walk...LOL?  Reference is S class, not familiar with M class as we only sailed a few times many years ago.  Re AQ and Concierge...yes, they are same size cabins as others but usually situated on higher decks and have certain benefits not assigned to verandah and inside class cabins (for which one pays more - too much more some would say).  AQ being higher deck forward and too breezy on the balcony isn't for us but is preferred by those booking them for their access to Aqua benefits and maybe location.  Concierge cabins are located rear and aft higher deck which those who book those cabins feel is a better location for them and they're priced accordingly...supply and demand I suppose.  So....all cabins, outside of suites, are same size - cabin and verandah.  Having said that, there are aft cabins with a slightly larger balcony;  there are some on the hump and side hump which have a either a little larger or smaller balcony.  I think those who have sailed X often sometimes book a preference based on their experience. Too wordy I know...but maybe would help new X cruisers in their decision making for a cabin as it relates to location.

Edited by oceangoer2

16 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

So....all cabins, outside of suites, are same size - cabin and verandah.  Having said that, there are aft cabins with a slightly larger balcony;  there are some on the hump and side hump which have a either a little larger or smaller balcony.  I think those who have sailed X often sometimes book a preference based on their experience. Too wordy I know...but maybe would help new X cruisers in their decision making for a cabin as it relates to location.

All cabins are definitely not the same size on M class ships.  The FV cabins (which the OP is inquiring about, for example) are far larger than a regular cabin.  Neither are the verandas.  I'd say the FV veranda is almost as large as some cabins.

To the OP:  go for the FV if you can get it.  

3 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

All cabins are definitely not the same size on M class ships.  The FV cabins (which the OP is inquiring about, for example) are far larger than a regular cabin.  Neither are the verandas.  I'd say the FV veranda is almost as large as some cabins.

To the OP:  go for the FV if you can get it.  

In parsing my posting, you must have missed where I said my only reference is to the S class and little knowledge of M (only sailed on 2 M ships).  As I also said to the OP, they would most likely prefer the FV for their situation.

So little update for everyone. We have managed to book a FV on the Infinity, but weirdly the online booking is now showing the stateroom as (and I quote from the page);

Family Ocean View Stateroom #7202

Maximum occupancy 5 GUESTS | Stateroom: 271 sq. ft., Total : 271 sq. ft.

Should I be concerned with this, or is this another sign of Celebrity’s crappy website?

Ropo26, you mentioned liking to look out at the sea from the veranda.  That being the case I want to warn you that the corner family verandas have steel rather than glass below the balcony rail.  There is only a very small area - perhaps a foot and a half wide - that has glass.  This being the case, I would take the FV next to the corner FV.  Balcony not as deep but certainly much larger than most, with the same furniture - table and 4 chairs and two loungers.  That's the one I would take next time.  Was quite disappointed when I walked out to the veranda on entering the cabin for the first time to realize I couldn't see anything but the sky while seated!  Won't make that mistake again.

Are you all staying in the same stateroom?  I ask because the C-1 concierge cabins on the stern are larger than the regular veranda cabins, and the veranda has a nice depth to it as well - much deeper than the standard.  But if you are sharing, the FV adjacent to the corner FV would be better than the C-1.

That said, enjoy your cruise in whichever category you choose.

Donna

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ropo26 said:

So little update for everyone. We have managed to book a FV on the Infinity, but weirdly the online booking is now showing the stateroom as (and I quote from the page);

Should I be concerned with this, or is this another sign of Celebrity’s crappy website?

That's their standard for those cabins.  When they don't sell to groups of 5, then they release them.  I've known singles to occupy them.  And I disagree about the corner ones vs. the ones next door.  I much prefer the corner ones.  You get the aft view AND the side view.  Yes, you need to stand up to take full advantage, but that probably won't kill you.

18 minutes ago, ropo26 said:

This seems to be ocean view without a balcony....weren't you concerned with having a deep balcony or did I read your post incorrectly?

11 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Definitely a veranda, not an Ocean View. From the M-Class spreadsheet description: Aft corner with some wraparound, and the deck plan makes it quite obvious.

Yes that’s what I thought, must be an error with the website

19 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

This seems to be ocean view without a balcony....weren't you concerned with having a deep balcony or did I read your post incorrectly?

I wanted the the FV with the deep balcony, so I think this is an error with the website. 

7 hours ago, D C said:

We pay for location but still depends on price as far as if we go concierge or regular veranda.  We just have a handful of spots we like and then compare the price.  I'll pay more for concierge - but I don't care about the concierge so much as the spot.

The priority boarding, sit-down lunch, and extra Captain's Club points are nice, but not worth a lot of money to me.  However, the next cruise we have on the books right now is Alaska in August 2021, and we have booked a C1 solely for the aft location with the larger balcony (it's just the two of us so we wouldn't be able to book a family veranda anyhow).  For Alaska, we absolutely go for location/view above all else, and aft is our preference, and being able to stretch our legs on a deeper balcony is awesome for us, since we're tall.  Our TA told us about two weeks ago that pricing was such at that time that we could change to Aqua for the same price or possibly a little less, but we weren't willing to give up the location and larger balcony, even for access to Blu.  Had it been a Caribbean cruise (where most of the time you're traveling between ports you're seeing nothing but water) we'd have been all over the "upgrade," but not for Alaska!