Higher Prices....

We have a Nov cruise on the Liberty out of Galveston & a European river cruise late in the year.

Just booked a cruise on Carnival at fantastic price, a real 60% off our ave prices that we usually book at out of Galveston.

Figured we'll get similar lower prices at RCL.

But scanning through the Liberty's 7 night cruises out of Galveston for any sailing for the rest of the year, the lowest prices are in peak hurricane season in Sept & it's a third higher, 33% higher, than what we paid for the Nov cruise.

I don't get it, thought pricing would be better....

I'm not seeing lower prices either. We always book star class suites and usually we can find an A1 for less than $14K. Not right now. Searching HOS & SOS least expensive in 2021 is a tad over $15k. We prefer the Villa Suite which sleeps up to 14 (we usually go with 9). Good deal on that is $14K for (4) out of MIA. Cheapest right now is on HOS out of Barcelona $16.3K. I'm not finding any open VS on SOS.

10 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

So book with Carnival.  Nothing wrong with taking a bargain where you can find it.

We did:  

"Just booked a cruise on Carnival at fantastic price..."

But just wanted to cruise RCL as we just made Diamond.  Just not at a 33% higher price during hurricane season...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

But this week prices started heading back up.

I noticed that the Allure cruise we had booked for late September this year shot up in price in the last couple of days, bringing the price to just slightly less than the corresponding cruise on Harmony next year.

My guess is it's to address the issue of people booking sailings due to depart in the next few months at much cheaper prices and then "L&S-ing" to a considerably more expensive one next year.