FCC and EZair

tert333

After many discussions with my TA and Princess, I believe that I have finally gained an understanding of how the FCC will work.   I will use a simple example to illustrate:

Cruise Fare:     $1,500

Port/Taxes:          200

Air Fare(Ezair):$1,000

My cruise was March 14 and I opted for Option 1.   I will get a refund for $1,200(port/tax plus air fare).   I will get a FCC credit of $1,500 and an additional credit of $1,875(1,500*1.25).

Both my TA and Princess agent said the same after many discussions.   This seems right to me.  

This started today as the amount they had posted in my account was an incorrect account. 

Edited by tert333
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, tert333 said:

After many discussions with my TA and Princess, I believe that I have finally gained an understanding of how the FCC will work.   I will use a simple example to illustrate:

My cruise was March 14 and I opted for Option 1.   I will get a refund for $1,200(port/tax plus air fare).   I will get a FCC credit of $1,500 and an additional credit of $1,875(1,500*1.25).

Both my TA and Princess agent said the same after many discussions.   This seems right to me.  

This started today as the amount they had posted in my account was an incorrect account. 

I thought port fees and taxes and EZ Air were going into a holding acct for future use when one selects Option 1?

Edited by pms4104

I saw people state that, but that is not what I was told today.  The person that I was talking to from Princess was more senior and said there was a lot of confusion around this.   I will let everyone know when(if) I get the refund. 

Made a reservation today using the cruise fare FCC (option 1) from our cruise scheduled for March 17 that Princess cancelled on the 12th. I asked about the holding account to pay the taxes they wanted to charge me. After being put on hold I was told the holding account had not been set up yet.  I asked about ezair and was told that if I add ezair to this booking, once the holding account is set up, the air fee from the cancelled cruise will automatically transfer. We will see. I paid the taxes with a Princess gift card I had as I am not doing anymore credit card transactions with them at this time. 

Edited by Musky Ike

Very sad that Princess announces the holding acct ... and has yet to set it up, with specific amounts from cancelled trips apparently not available for new bookings.

Maybe Santa Clarita peeps are too busy with their no plan plan.  

Yesterday my Princess Planner transferred my taxes / fees / port expenses / insurance from my cancelled March 29th cruise to my August 2021 cruise without any issues. I also was not giving them any $$s. 

> waiting on a refund to cc for September 2020 cruise & excess on April 2021 cruise (once I paid it off with FCC insurance the insurance dropped to $39)

7 hours ago, tert333 said:

So did they say why it was not correct and how long it will take to fix it?