RCI Resolution Department

Does anyone have the direct telephone number to the RCI Resolution Department?  We have been trying to get our refund for dining and shore excursion for the last two months. Royal Customer Service stated they have tried three times to get the refund to our credit card. The agent stated that American Express rejected the refund which is strange since we got our tax and port charges refunded to the credit card account. We have contacted our 'cruise planner'. He can't help. We have contacted customer service three times. All we get back from anyone is call customer service. We were on the line waiting for over 90 minutes today before we gave up. The only reply we get from Royal is that it is your credit card company's fault...so sorry, so sad, get it fixed yourself.

My advice is to contact your Credit Card company and ask them for clarification.  It will likely be a shorter wait on the call and they should be able to confirm any reasons for rejection.  I have been an Amex card holder for ~40 years and they have always resolved my issues when they have come up.

We have already talked American Express. They stated there was no activity for the amount of the refund on their records. They were as puzzled as we were as to what could have happened. One possibility was that RCI manually entered a wrong account number. American Express said to start a dispute of the charges with Royal to solve the situation....although this could take 4-6 months. Evidently American Express has had dealings with RCI in the last few months as to the 'speed of resolution'.

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The only way to get through to resolutions is to call and ask for a supervisor. 

I would try 1 800 256 6649 which is post cruise customer care. 

We will give this a shot on a weekday next week as they are probably not at full staff over the weekend. Thank you.

7 hours ago, baldilocks said:

We will give this a shot on a weekday next week as they are probably not at full staff over the weekend. Thank you.

They are not at full staff at anytime..  they laid off 26% of their staff a month or so ago and everyone is working from home, without all of the resources they have in the office, so bear with them.

Call early in the morning as that is when the shortest wait times occur.

They have said this twice to me now regarding refunds. I feel it is a stall tactic, since my CC companies are unaware of any attempts, and apparently they are telling more than just me this information.

7 hours ago, baldilocks said:

We have already talked American Express. They stated there was no activity for the amount of the refund on their records. They were as puzzled as we were as to what could have happened. One possibility was that RCI manually entered a wrong account number. American Express said to start a dispute of the charges with Royal to solve the situation....although this could take 4-6 months. Evidently American Express has had dealings with RCI in the last few months as to the 'speed of resolution'.

It might take 4-6 months to resolve the whole thing, but you will get a credit for the amount immediately

I can only say I'm sorry and I was told the same thing for a refund I was expecting...that the refund was sent to my BofA card and was rejected 2 weeks later !@!.. luckily mine worked the second time they said they pushed it, but I had to call to get them to do that. Other refunds to the card went through fine the first time.

Well, I got through to the Customer Service Past Cruises line. I spoke with the agent and told her the problem. I asked to be transferred to a supervisor or the Resolution Department. She looked up my past reservation and then put me on hold to check with ???. She came back about every three of four minutes to tell me that 'they' were working my 'question'. After about fifteen minutes on hold, she came back and stated that the refund will be manually applied to my credit card within the next 30 days. I asked to speak with a supervisor or Resolution Department since I have already been waiting for 60 days from cancellation. I thought 30 more days was getting a bit long. She stated that the matter was already being addressed and it was not possible to speak with any one but her. I asked for a direct number for the Resolution Department and was told that I could only call the Customer Service number that I called. I also asked her if the refund could be made as a FCC. The answer was 'no'. She was very polite and firm during the call. I feel that the agents have been handed a script to follow in a case like mine.....now, more waiting. 

People keep asking why they dont announce next round of cancellations. Between switch, and lift and switch and many april cruisers still waiting for refunds (me included)

How could they possibly get another 30 days of refunds worked when they still havent gotten thru April.

24 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

People keep asking why they dont announce next round of cancellations. Between switch, and lift and switch and many april cruisers still waiting for refunds (me included)

How could they possibly get another 30 days of refunds worked when they still havent gotten thru April.

I think we are both feeling the 'pain'. Post if you get your refund. I'll do the same.

1 hour ago, baldilocks said:

I think we are both feeling the 'pain'. Post if you get your refund. I'll do the same.

No refund. I had to add $150 to a deposit today. I asked my ta if I could subtract the 97.88 they owe me, he said no. The $150 already showing, still no refund. It's just port fees and taxes, got the fcc seems like a month ago. 

I used the contact button last Thursday. Someone said try that and give them a week. Lol

I'm in a couple of other groups. Ourusualbeach is so positive of a influence. A poster told me earlier today her travel agent specializes in cruises and told her to hold off booking for next april. She would let me know when he TA said it was safe to book rcl again. I said thanks but I already booked. She didnt need to let me know when her TA said ok to book. They think rcl just hanging on by a thread. My stock is worth more than my cruises, lol.