Guaranteed Suite

Nimbet

I am traveling in August if it sails. I booked a guaranteed suite and I have already been assigned a Sky Suite and am very happy with the location. My question is: if any higher level suites are vacant before we sail is it possible that we will get moved to a better suite or will they keep us in the currently assigned? Definitely not complaining as I like our location. Thank you.

Do a mock booking and see if there are any oppenings in the same category Sky suite.  If there are, and you like that location better, since you have an assigned cabin you should be able to call whomever you booked through and request a change.  Also, if the MoveUp program is still happening, you will be able to make a bid on a higher level cabin which is a roll of the dice, but could also give you a location you like.  Of course, if you win, you pay and you have no choice to back out or try to move.  Good luck, hope your trip sails.

Looks like Jelayne beat me to the MoveUp thought

Edited by garyl62

Thank you all for your response. It was a guaranteed suite and I got A S2 Sky Suite. They have several S1 Sky Suites open and would love to have the aft corner. Regardless, I am happy. I wonder if a move-up would be offered with a suite guarantee.

Edited by Nimbet

I think MoveUp offers are available to all that are registered for marketing emails from Celebrity.   Unfortunately there won't be an opportunity to bid on a S1.   Since you are in a sky suite the bidding choices will be CS, RS, PH.   If you were in a lower stateroom the bidding opportunity is for Sky Suite, much like the GTY you booked.

17 hours ago, Nimbet said:

Thank you all for your response. It was a guaranteed suite and I got A S2 Sky Suite. They have several S1 Sky Suites open and would love to have the aft corner. Regardless, I am happy. I wonder if a move-up would be offered with a suite guarantee.

Why don't you just phone X and see if you can buy-up to the S-1 corner?  It's worth a try.

And one never knows the answer without asking the question.

1 hour ago, Nimbet said:

I will try that, thank you.

I'm a firm believer in "it never hurts to ask" so you should call, but don't be surprised to be quoted the price currently listed to book that cabin less what the guaranty cost at time of your booking.  (For example, $3,000 PP for S1 now, $2,100 PP for your guaranty = $900 PP to move)

I'd also suggest you keep looking at availability for a S2 you like better, someone may cancel and you can move at that time.  Or plan to bid what you are comfortable spending for a CS or RS in the MoveUp program.