My Feb. 26th cruise on Riviera

Maverick Cruiser

4 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

So you are not leaving your house  right?

My reply was to Tutuma who didn't seem to understand what "reliable" really means. We will not fly or get on a ship until or unless there's solid vaccine. If that means all intl. travel is over then that's what it means. We've done pretty well, having set foot on six continents.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, clo said:

My reply was to Tutuma who didn't seem to understand what "reliable" really means. We will not fly or get on a ship until or unless there's solid vaccine. If that means all intl. travel is over then that's what it means. We've done pretty well, having set foot on six continents.

I am pretty sure  people understand what reliable means

There is no gty  any vaccine will be the cure all some people expect

It is not just Intl travel/Cruises/air flights  that  susceptible  to people coming in contact with the virus  or people carrying it

How do you think it spread in  the USA? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, clo said:

At some point, you have to ask yourself what risks you are willing to take vs. not seeing your loved ones. In my case, my children and grandchildren live cross-country (Wisconsin to Southern California).  That is the reality for ME.   So if I want to see them I have to either drive 4 days or get on a plane.  I'm going to get on a plane and follow all the safety guidelines even if there is no vaccine.  I haven't decided yet if I'd get on a cruise ship without a vaccine but I might.  I've been to six continents too and all 50 U.S. states but I'm certainly not going to hunker down at home and tell myself I'm done with long distance traveling. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sunlover12 said:

At some point, you have to ask yourself what risks you are willing to take vs. not seeing your loved ones. In my case, my children and grandchildren live cross-country (Wisconsin to Southern California).  That is the reality for ME.   So if I want to see them I have to either drive 4 days or get on a plane.  I'm going to get on a plane and follow all the safety guidelines even if there is no vaccine.  I haven't decided yet if I'd get on a cruise ship without a vaccine but I might.  I've been to six continents too and all 50 U.S. states but I'm certainly not going to hunker down at home and tell myself I'm done with long distance traveling. 

Oh, I hear you. Truly I do. A domestic flight with a good mask or an intl. flight with a REALLY good mask and gloves? Maybe. But a ship out in the sea with nowhere to go and inadequate treatment available? Nope.

32 minutes ago, clo said:

Oh, I hear you. Truly I do. A domestic flight with a good mask or an intl. flight with a REALLY good mask and gloves? Maybe. But a ship out in the sea with nowhere to go and inadequate treatment available? Nope.

So there’s really no reason for you to post on a cruise forum, since you have no intention to cruise again, possibly ever, but at a minimum a couple of years! 

Similar to posting on a Forum about colonoscopies when you have zero intentions of getting one for years. Or a Teatotaller posting on a wine board on the evils of drinking!

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

So there’s really no reason for you to post on a cruise forum, since you have no intention to cruise again, possibly ever, but at a minimum a couple of years! 

Similar to posting on a Forum about colonoscopies when you have zero intentions of getting one for years.

We've been on about 10 cruises in about 18 years. We've been on three in the last two years. We've canceled two in the last few months and we've had one canceled with a FCC. There are people on here who haven't cruised in years. You clearly don't like it when anyone takes a rational view of the industry. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, clo said:

But a ship out in the sea with nowhere to go and inadequate treatment available? Nope.

Although I (1) do not know today when I will feel comfortable enough to cruise again, (2) only follow this one cruise line forum because I only sail on Oceania, and (3) basically agree with you, I am upset that this is the fifth or sixth post you have made on this thread alone in less than 24 hours that both keeps making the same point and beating on those with different views than yours.  

Edited to add that the last sentence of your post #51 regarding “a rational view of the industry” reinforces my point about your treatment of others.

Edited by CintiPam
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

Although I (1) do not know today when I will feel comfortable enough to cruise again, (2) only follow this one cruise line forum because I only sail on Oceania, and (3) basically agree with you, I am upset that this is the fifth or sixth post you have made on this thread alone in less than 24 hours that both keeps making the same point and beating on those with different views than yours.  

When people keep posting things that aren't true or likely aren't true...and THEY keep posting.... I'll keep doing this in hope that one person might do some research of their own.

1 hour ago, clo said:

This partially contradicts your post #51 above. Seems your statement of no travel until a vaccine is available may eventually crumble to something a bit more sensible.

1 minute ago, DeanoNorthPerth said:

This partially contradicts your post #51 above. Seems your statement of no travel until a vaccine is available may eventually crumble to something a bit more sensible.

As others have said, we're back and forth on the flying part. But as it stands now, NO. But we sure won't be flying to get to a cruise...which is the only way we can get to one.