Refund?

cruiseat50

Yesterday i got an email stating that I could get the FCC or a refund (see below)

image.png.6ee7c4ee5ed28f854da58ca4d7dca20e.png

Today I got this saying they gave me a FCC (see below) 

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line. Due to current challenges as a result of COVID-19, your cruise (reservation ID xxxxxxxxx) has been cancelled.
We appreciate your understanding and loyalty to Norwegian Cruise Line and we look forward to welcoming you on board very soon.
A future cruise credit in the amount of USD 1,653.75 has been issued to your account. To reflect our appreciation for your business, we will also provide you a BONUS credit of 25% in the amount of USD 413.44. If you purchased our Essentials, Book Safe Standard or Platinum travel protection plan you will receive an additional future cruise credit, worth the value of your travel protection plan.
These future credits are valid for one year from the issue date and applicable to all published sailings through December 31, 2022.
When you are ready to book your next cruise, please contact Personal Cruise Consultant directly or 1-866-882-0074.
As a special thank you for choosing Norwegian, and for a limited time only, we are pleased to offer you an additional 20% DISCOUNT on any sailing from October 1, 2020 through December 31, 2022 when you book by May 31st, 2020.
The future cruise credit, 25% BONUS and 20% DISCOUNT are combinable on our current Free For All promotion www.ncl.com.
We look forward to welcoming you on your next Norwegian cruise.
Sincerely,
Norwegian Cruise Line

So my question is for those that their cruise just got cancelled did you also get this?  I booked through CAS and will call them if need be but not really feeling up to it today.

Edited by CC Help Jenn
removed res number per member

I got the same emails. We had an alaka cruise booked for july. 

So they still have cruises showing for august. so i contacted ncl and asked them if august was still on and more definite. They could not give me an answer. I want to go but cannot next year as we have another big trip booked.

On 5/21/2020 at 2:32 PM, cruiseat50 said:

Yesterday i got an email stating that I could get the FCC or a refund (see below)

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line. Due to current challenges as a result of COVID-19, your cruise (reservation ID xxxxxx) has been cancelled.
We appreciate your understanding and loyalty to Norwegian Cruise Line and we look forward to welcoming you on board very soon.
A future cruise credit in the amount of USD 1,653.75 has been issued to your account. To reflect our appreciation for your business, we will also provide you a BONUS credit of 25% in the amount of USD 413.44. If you purchased our Essentials, Book Safe Standard or Platinum travel protection plan you will receive an additional future cruise credit, worth the value of your travel protection plan.
These future credits are valid for one year from the issue date and applicable to all published sailings through December 31, 2022.
When you are ready to book your next cruise, please contact Personal Cruise Consultant directly or 1-866-882-0074.
As a special thank you for choosing Norwegian, and for a limited time only, we are pleased to offer you an additional 20% DISCOUNT on any sailing from October 1, 2020 through December 31, 2022 when you book by May 31st, 2020.
The future cruise credit, 25% BONUS and 20% DISCOUNT are combinable on our current Free For All promotion www.ncl.com.
Sincerely,
Norwegian Cruise Line

So my question is for those that their cruise just got cancelled did you also get this?  I booked through CAS and will call them if need be but not really feeling up to it today.

Not sure what your question is. By default you will get the FCC, hence the email. If you wish to pursue a refund, go online and fill out the refund form during the dates that NCL gave you.

Ok, today I got my FCC notification. The friend going with me did not receive his. Both reservations were under my name and on my charge. Should we just wait and see if he gets one, or should I call Norwegian? Sorry for all the questions, but I have never been through this before.  lol 

We were supposed to cruise in April. We filed for our refund April 13th. our future Cruise credit still remains in our accounts and we haven't seen any money.

My question is, has anybody seen their refund come through yet? Or is it just a pipe dream?

1 hour ago, Uniqeni said:

We were supposed to cruise in April. We filed for our refund April 13th. our future Cruise credit still remains in our accounts and we haven't seen any money.

My question is, has anybody seen their refund come through yet? Or is it just a pipe dream?

I filed in March and haven't received my refund.

1 hour ago, Uniqeni said:

Please ask your question after July 12th. 

On 5/21/2020 at 2:32 PM, cruiseat50 said:

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line. Due to current challenges as a result of COVID-19, your cruise (reservation ID xxxxxxx) has been cancelled.
Sincerely,
Norwegian Cruise Line

You have received a refund in the form of a Future Cruise Credit. Plus the 25% bonus FCC. You also got at 20% additional bonus if you book by the end of May. 

If you want a cash refund with no bonus, you can request it online starting June 8.

About 50% of the cancelled guests have taken advantage of the FCC with bonus (and 30% have already rebooked their cruises). About 50% have requested refunds. 

BTW: In the future, it would be better if you didn't post your reservation number on a public forum. 

If you want your money sooner, just go to your credit card company and do a chargeback request, you will have a credit within 2 weeks.

i find it bazaar that a company takes customers money, in full knowledge that the cruise will not happen, then demand you wait 12 plus weeks for credit.

And don’t think taking Cruise credit is a good deal, it isn’t, anything can happen to NCLH, in liquidation Your credit will blow in the wind, your cash won’t.

Nobody knows how long this Covid-19 epidemic will continue, A CEO Will only tell you what you want to hear, they don’t the answers.

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

You have received a refund in the form of a Future Cruise Credit. Plus the 25% bonus FCC. You also got at 20% additional bonus if you book by the end of May. 

If you want a cash refund with no bonus, you can request it online starting June 8.

About 50% of the cancelled guests have taken advantage of the FCC with bonus (and 30% have already rebooked their cruises). About 50% have requested refunds. 

BTW: In the future, it would be better if you didn't post your reservation number on a public forum. 

I guess I just was a little concerned that the letter I got today didn't say anywhere about applying for a refund on June 8-19 where it did yesterday.

Ooops... can't believe I did that!🤪

15 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Are you able to spend one passenger’s FCC but ask for a refund for the other passengers?

When I filled out my form for a refund it said it had to be for everyone on the reservation. Things

change so best to check with NCL.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, KSSS2013 said:

Not sure what your question is. By default you will get the FCC, hence the email. If you wish to pursue a refund, go online and fill out the refund form during the dates that NCL gave you.

It's proof that NCL's system is deliberately confusing in the hope that people don't ask for their cash back. They want  non-savvy cruisers to accept the FCC as a fait accompli.

6 hours ago, cruiseat50 said:

I guess I just was a little concerned that the letter I got today didn't say anywhere about applying for a refund on June 8-19 where it did yesterday.

That's by design.

Edited by Waquoit

7 minutes ago, Waquoit said:

It's proof that NCL's system is deliberately confusing in the hope that people don't ask for their cash back. They want  non-savvy cruisers to accept the FCC as a fait accompli.

I don't think the FCC offer was a bad thing. I took it and was able to pay in full a panama canal cruise in late 2021. Yes, it's a gamble if cruising will be happening, but I feel it's a fairly safe bet. Now if the offer would have been FCC for 12 months, I would have certainly taken the cash instead.