New ship

GICNJC

10 minutes ago, GICNJC said:

Have not heard anything about Oceania new ship?   Any one have news?

It's two ships...the Allura class, with the first originally scheduled for 2022 delivery and the second for 2025. From what I've read the delivery of at least the first ship is likely to be delayed due to shipyard shutdowns caused by the pandemic. It also wouldn't surprise me if the order were significantly delayed or possibly even cancelled if Oceania's resumption of cruising doesn't produce the revenue stream needed to take on more debt. The major cruise lines all had to borrow heavily to raise enough cash to carry them through the shutdown.

• Like 4

On 5/24/2020 at 7:22 PM, njhorseman said:

It's two ships...the Allura class, with the first originally scheduled for 2022 delivery and the second for 2025. From what I've read the delivery of at least the first ship is likely to be delayed due to shipyard shutdowns caused by the pandemic. It also wouldn't surprise me if the order were significantly delayed or possibly even cancelled if Oceania's resumption of cruising doesn't produce the revenue stream needed to take on more debt. The major cruise lines all had to borrow heavily to raise enough cash to carry them through the shutdown.

Don't think they will be building many new ships until they have a vaccine that works. People need to know they will be protected when cruising or traveling in general.

• 7 months later...