Marina in Falmouth?

Pet

Marina appears to have left Miami for Jamaica. No passengers of course. Anyone heard why she has been moved? If the pre-covid 19 schedule had been maintained Marina should be sailing out of Southampton UK by now. 

could be cheaper dock fees

Picking up/dropping off  crew

change of scenery

Maybe they had to leave Miami  ..lots of ships looking for parking spots

Sirena is in Roatan

The question is when will she sail again?

I’m booked on her for mid August ( this year) and each day we hear positive news about the lifting various restrictions, only yesterday they said pubs and restaurants could possibly start to reopen in June .

Just maybe and fingers crossed we may start sailing again earlier than first imagined.

Why not be optimistic!

mklions.

4 hours ago, mklions said:

The question is when will she sail again?

I’m booked on her for mid August ( this year) and each day we hear positive news about the lifting various restrictions, only yesterday they said pubs and restaurants could possibly start to reopen in June .

Just maybe and fingers crossed we may start sailing again earlier than first imagined.

Why not be optimistic!

mklions.

Optimism is one thing and reality is another.

I just cannot see sailings this August for many reasons - not the least of which is that I (personally) would not sail even if the ship did.

As always, YMMV.

Good luck.

On 5/26/2020 at 11:32 AM, LHT28 said:

could be cheaper dock fees

Picking up/dropping off  crew

change of scenery

Maybe they had to leave Miami  ..lots of ships looking for parking spots

Sirena is in Roatan

Right now Sirena is in Miami.  Been there a day or 2.  Where to next ???

Marina dropped off approx 140 Jamaican crew in Jamaica and are now dropping off in Cozumel then heading to Belize, Guatemala & Nicaragua etc etc then dropping off crew for another 3 weeks around the Caribbean before heading back to Miami.

Guess there is no rush.  It has no where to go.

Just so happy the crew are finally getting to go home to their families.  They have been through a pretty rough time.  Most of them are on "NO PAY".

• Like 3

8 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Do you have any source for your “ No PAY” comment? All had contracts when they boarded and I have no knowledge of the T&Cs of any of their contracts. 

Once their contracts have run out they are not getting paid.  They are getting free wifi, food & accommadation).  Some have been signed up for new contracts but with different salary, varying lengths of the contract and of course different duties (as passengers have departed).  My knowledge is from crew member friends.  Crew are grateful for the company for looking after them but they want to get home to their families and need a salary to look after them.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rhohea said:

Marina dropped off approx 140 Jamaican crew in Jamaica and are now dropping off in Cozumel then heading to Belize, Guatemala & Nicaragua etc etc then dropping off crew for another 3 weeks around the Caribbean before heading back to Miami.

Guess there is no rush.  It has no where to go.

Just so happy the crew are finally getting to go home to their families.  They have been through a pretty rough time.  Most of them are on "NO PAY".

Just shows that they are not getting ready to cruise any time soon.  Too bad.  Probably would take quite a while to staff up when ready.  Hope the crew can make it till then.  For the most part good people. 

15 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

...and the rest are bad? How can you tell the good people from the bad people on the ship?

You interact with them, just like you do everyday at home and at work.  When you have a group of hundreds or more  not all are good.  And I  did not say bad.  There is always an in between. 

45 minutes ago, alaskaca said:

It sounded like an opinion to me.  And as far as I know, it is still okay express one.

Depends on the opinion, and there's a big difference between should and okay. We learn by example I guess. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alaskaca said:

It sounded like an opinion to me.  And as far as I know, it is still okay express one.

50 minutes ago, ORV said:

Depends on the opinion, and there's a big difference between should and okay. We learn by example I guess. 

I  learn a lot by listening to other peoples opinions, whether I agree with them or not. 

However,  I'm not sure what you mean about "depends on the opinion'.  

3 hours ago, RJB said:

You interact with them, just like you do everyday at home and at work.  When you have a group of hundreds or more  not all are good.  And I  did not say bad.  There is always an in between. 

3 hours ago, ORV said:

What are you trying to say? Sounds quite judgemental. 

Then with that in mind,  I guess it would have been best for you to not have asked RJB to explain what he was trying to say, for you would no doubt get an opinion, which may have violated some of these site's rules.

So far the only rule I can see I've violated is taking this thread way off topic, so now back to Marina in Falmouth. 

3 hours ago, alaskaca said:

Yes, just my opinion that not all people are good.  Seems pretty basic to me. Any other ideas please post them.  I will gladly listen.

• Like 1

I just want to second the "no pay" comment. My understanding is that they are not being paid and that the conditions for the crew are not great. They are crowded together in crew quarters, the gym is closed, and it's not a happy situation. I am not certain that the cruise line is doing all they can to get these crew repatriated quickly, and they are certainly not treating them as well as they could.  I have a second thread on this topic.  I've got no gripe with Oceania, I just want these folks treated well under these bad circumstances.

43 minutes ago, Celeste_SM said:

I just want to second the "no pay" comment. My understanding is that they are not being paid and that the conditions for the crew are not great. They are crowded together in crew quarters, the gym is closed, and it's not a happy situation. I am not certain that the cruise line is doing all they can to get these crew repatriated quickly, and they are certainly not treating them as well as they could.  I have a second thread on this topic.  I've got no gripe with Oceania, I just want these folks treated well under these bad circumstances.

What is your proof ??

Yes some are not getting paid  their contracts  ended   but since  the ports will not allow  them off the ship

Please  give us proof  not your understanding of how things  are going

It is not just Oceania that have crew left on the ships

• Like 1

I don't have proof that I'm willing to give you, as I will not risk  my friend's future employment with the line. It's fine, please feel free to continue with your beliefs that everything is going as good as possible for the crew under the circumstances.  I had hoped to garner some support for the crew, but I see this is not the place for it.

51 minutes ago, Celeste_SM said:

I don't have proof that I'm willing to give you, as I will not risk  my friend's future employment with the line

I wonder why your friend is so concerned about keeping his/her job in the future with an employer that treats them so badly?

If I felt that way about my employer I would run as fast as I could after I got off the ship/

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 3

Well just heard from someone who has friends still on Marina    they have no reason to lie to  them

No abuse

Some are getting lower pay than when pax are on the ship & yes some  are not getting paid  because their contract ended

Many are hopeful that their home Countries will allow flights in soon but they are glad to be safe onboard

One said they have their own cabins  ..no sharing & are on the pool deck  when they want

They are  being fed  & no virus onboard , free internet  etc...

The ship is now heading  around the Caribbean dropping off crew  where they are allowed

170 off last week in Jamaica

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Well just heard from someone who has friends still on Marina    they have no reason to lie to  them

No abuse

Some are getting lower pay than when pax are on the ship & yes some  are not getting paid  because their contract ended

Many are hopeful that their home Countries will allow flights in soon but they are glad to be safe onboard

One said they have their own cabins  ..no sharing & are on the pool deck  when they want

They are  being fed  & no virus onboard , free internet  etc...

The ship is now heading  around the Caribbean dropping off crew  where they are allowed

170 off last week in Jamaica

Sounds like they are doing the best they can. Not everything is under their control.

• Like 1