Refund denied?

22 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Why do we have to call the agency like every once a week to know the status of our refund?

If you are calling Regent once a week about a pending refund, you are one of the reasons it is taking so long.  While they were talking to you, they could have been processing a refund, maybe even yours.  

Regent is doing a lot better than some of the other lines.

• Like 2

I honestly didn't see that it would do me any good to call Regent or email/call my TA; when somebody knew something, I would know.  As it turned out, I was the first (after Regent) when my payments showed up in my Amex account.  I know it's a lot of money and some of us needed it pretty badly after what has been going on, but I did my best to concentrate on things I actually could change.  I'm not buffing my fingernails or polishing my halo, I just thought that I could worry about other stuff.

Call. The people you will talk to are not the ones who process the refunds. You should have gotten yours by now and out of thousands processes by hand there are bound to be a few issues. If you are over 90 call.

On 7/3/2020 at 1:22 PM, Travelcat2 said:

Just read this on the Regent Facebook page.  I wasn't sure where to post it but decided on one of the "too many" refund threads would work.  

:posts on supplier groups and closed TA Facebook groups. The posts are painful to read, but here on this page, it pains me the most. I not only sail Regent with my family, I am also a travel agent and sell it. And, I sell a ton of it. Why, because the brand is so superior to others, those that sail Regent are some of my most liked humans and friends and the people that work behind the scenes have a love for it like no other. Let me tell you a little about the people in the corporate office. Their pay has been slashed. Their staff has been cut. The remaining folks are on four-day work weeks, yet still working six days a week FROM HOME, while taking care of their autistic and/or challenged children, sick spouse, elderly parents, kids with activities and no camps in which to send them to, etc. all while trying to keep up with the bills and the demands of their job. They still show up EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR YOU, despite the daily berating from customers and agents alike. NOBODY is singling anyone out. There is no conspiracy to not refund anyone or change a future cruise credit policy because they don’t like your last name. We are in a WORLD CRISIS and everyone is doing their best, including me as an agent, mother, friend, daughter. We need more positivity, hope, sharing of dreams, unity and understanding as we navigate these unprecedented times. I hope you’ll agree and focus on the things we all love about Regent and look forward to.

Regardless of whether virtually every Regent employee is a candidate for sainthood, I’m kind of flabbergasted that this refund discussion is still valid, that there are still folks who have not yet received their own money back.

I’d been holding off deciding whether my wife and I should go on a transatlantic Barcelona-Ft. Lauderdale cruise on Celebrity’s new ship, the Apex, in October. The uncertainty about Barcelona, our general unwelcomeness in the EU, and totally necessary but still unpleasant onboard precautions I’ve been reading about for cruises,  pretty much decided it for me, so I requested a refund a week and a half ago, since I’d paid for the whole thing last winter. 
The credit popped up a couple days ago. I forget if Celebrity is classified as either “premium” or “premium plus,” but I’ve been reminded many times on these boards that it’s not a “luxury” line. Their employees are all on furlough too, and no doubt all have their own personal issues and challenges, but it seems to me like they still got the job done.

• Like 2

To be fair to Regent, I think the cruise lines generally have "caught up" with the backlog caused by the mass cancellations earlier in the spring.  I believe Regent customers, and customers of other lines, are getting their refunds pretty promptly these days.

As for Barcelona, at the moment Spain has an indefinite ban on cruise ships.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarbarianPaul said:

Regardless of whether virtually every Regent employee is a candidate for sainthood, I’m kind of flabbergasted that this refund discussion is still valid, that there are still folks who have not yet received their own money back.

I’d been holding off deciding whether my wife and I should go on a transatlantic Barcelona-Ft. Lauderdale cruise on Celebrity’s new ship, the Apex, in October. The uncertainty about Barcelona, our general unwelcomeness in the EU, and totally necessary but still unpleasant onboard precautions I’ve been reading about for cruises,  pretty much decided it for me, so I requested a refund a week and a half ago, since I’d paid for the whole thing last winter. 
The credit popped up a couple days ago. I forget if Celebrity is classified as either “premium” or “premium plus,” but I’ve been reminded many times on these boards that it’s not a “luxury” line. Their employees are all on furlough too, and no doubt all have their own personal issues and challenges, but it seems to me like they still got the job done.

Perhaps you should have read the Crystal, Seabourn and Silversea board before posting here.  If you read the threads on refunds on those boards, you might change your tune.  They most definitely did not “get the job done”.

As far as Celebrity (a premium cruise line - in their words - not mine), they canceled our cruise one week and sent bills for the remainder of the payment the next week and the week after that.  Fortunately they only have our deposit that I do not expect to see again.  The deposit was only $200 and we do not typically throw away money but do not want to deal with Celebrity at this point.

3 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

Perhaps you should have read the Crystal, Seabourn and Silversea board before posting here.  If you read the threads on refunds on those boards, you might change your tune.  They most definitely did not “get the job done”.

As far as Celebrity (a premium cruise line - in their words - not mine), they canceled our cruise one week and sent bills for the remainder of the payment the next week and the week after that.  Fortunately they only have our deposit that I do not expect to see again.  The deposit was only $200 and we do not typically throw away money but do not want to deal with Celebrity at this point.

Well, $200 is $200, so I sincerely hope you get it back! But perhaps you should be as forgiving to the Celebrity employees, during this difficult time, as you’ve been to Regent’s, no?

In any event, glad to hear the cruise lines are getting “caught up.” 

• Like 2