Has anyone received their refund from NCL?

On 6/25/2020 at 12:43 PM, Pollyanna Dreamgirl said:

Our May 1 Panama Canal cruise was cancelled by NCL on 3/30

We were issued 2 FCC + 25% bonus within 3-days

Our $500 in Cruise Next Certificates showed up on our account a few days later

We were able to ask for a cash refund for the full amount plus our prepays on 4/13

We promptly asked for those refunds on 4/13 with the caveat it would take up to 90 days to process

We expected our refund on or before July 10th, which would be 90 days

On 6/20 our FCC's disappeared from our account

Yesterday, 6/24 we received the following letter from NCL:

"We greatly appreciate the understanding of our valued guests during these fluid, unprecedented, and challenging times. The refund for reservation xxxxxxx represents the amount that was directly paid to Norwegian Cruise Line and has been processed back to the original form of payment(s) on file. The visibility of funds in your account(s) is dependent on your financial institution's internal policies.

We are incredibly appreciative of your loyalty and trust in allowing us to welcome you aboard our amazing ships. We remain dedicated to providing our guests with the best travel experiences across the globe, and we look forward to welcoming you aboard very soon.

The following is a breakout of your refund amount and the form of payment in which it has been processed back to:

Refund Type

Refund Amount(USD)

Original form of payment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Total Refund

xxxxxxxxxxx

Please allow 7 to 10 business days for this refund to fully process. If you have questions after that time please contact us at (800) 327-7030 or connect with your travel professional."

This is 2 weeks earlier than the 90 days previously stated. We are getting back 100% of what we paid. Our Latitude Points for the cruise we cancelled (42 points) still show on our account. I'm not sure if those will stay on there or not. Although the refund $$'s haven't actually hit our credit card account yet, we're happy. Thank you NCL, for coming through as you said you would!

Our full refund just showed up on our credit card account - Whoo Hoo! And only 2 days after we received the letter from NCL stating it was being processed. Another loyal NCL fan looking to book for 2021!

Here's my latest in the saga....

I cancelled my cruise back in March. I opted out of the peace of mind policy because I had solid third party CFAR insurance which has paid out except for refundable cruise charges like fees, taxes, etc. I got my email from NCL back in March stating that they would refund my refundable port charges and government taxes and prepaid beverage service charges to my credit card within 7-10 days. Of course, I knew that wouldn't happen, so I promptly opened a dispute with my credit card company and they promptly credited my account. So, here we are well past the 90 day mark and to date, NCL has assigned a status of "pending" to my prepaid beverage charge refund but the government taxes and port fees have been put on a cruise next certificate for a future cruise, which of course, I fully reject. I purposely cancelled my cruise before NCL did so that I wouldn't have to take gift certificates. They will do anything and everything to not have to refund cash to their customers. It is ridiculous and very sad. Fortunately, my credit card company is on to their tactics and I am not out any money. I will be doing all that I can to bring attention to NCLs behavior that is dishonest and in bad faith. 

I am also glad to acknowledge the countless other travel providers including airlines, hotels, third party shore excursions, bus and train providers that found a way to successfully refund the refundable portion of my tickets in the midst of the pandemic.. Only NCL has been unable to get this right for me.

NCL...love the product, can't stand the customer service.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pollyanna Dreamgirl said:

Our full refund just showed up on our credit card account - Whoo Hoo! And only 2 days after we received the letter from NCL stating it was being processed. Another loyal NCL fan looking to book for 2021!

Did you get two separate emails (one for each person in the reservation)?  We've only received a refund for one of the two people on our reservation (so half the cost) which seems strange.

Thanks for letting me know.  Now I guess I need to call.  So weird, we got one email that said it was for one specific passenger and refunded half of the full fare to the original credit card.

We got an email on Wednesday and our full refund today.  We applied on April 13th for a May 1st cruise that was canceled. Probably going to cancel our February 2021 cruise out of San Juan on the Epic. I am not convinced any cruise line or the government will have things under control by then.  

3 hours ago, George48 said:

We got an email on Wednesday and our full refund today.  We applied on April 13th for a May 1st cruise that was canceled. Probably going to cancel our February 2021 cruise out of San Juan on the Epic. I am not convinced any cruise line or the government will have things under control by then.  

Plus that's peak flu season.  I would never cruise in February anyway but that's just me

I have received my full refund for my May 3rd cruise on the Encore that was cancelled by NCL. I received an E-mail when the cruise was cancelled and in 2 days received another 2 e-mails one explaining how the refunds would be dispersed and the other with my returned cruise-next certs. 

I applied for the cash refund on April 15th and did receive an e-mail confirmation that said it would take 90 days.

On May 20th my add-ons (water package and other things I added after) were credited back to my credit card. 

On June 24th I received an E-mail ( same as Pollyanne dreamgirl ).

Money was credited back to my credit card today for full balance owed.

I never called NCL just followed their instructions per their e-mails and they did as they said they would. I was fully refunded 75 days out. I had been reading these threads about the refunds and see a lot of people have been very upset with how long it has been taking. I understand that many need the money asap but try to remember nothing like whats going on has ever happened during our lifetimes. 

I didn't like having to wait any more than anyone else did but I realized this is not the norm. 

Right now there are many things I don't like but I feel we just have to make the best of it. I'm focusing on what I can do and what I do have instead of the bad. 

I hope everyone is refunded soon and stays in good health until we can cruise again.  

• Like 2

Got most of my refund for my May 3 cruise - post date is June 23 but took awhile to actually show up in my cc statement.  It's short a few hundred I think - but there was so much moving around of funds because it was a re-booking from the Star TA that it's going to take some time to figure it out.  But most of it is there - never received any email from NCL.

9 hours ago, Lv-to-sail2 said:

I have received my full refund for my May 3rd cruise on the Encore that was cancelled by NCL. I received an E-mail when the cruise was cancelled and in 2 days received another 2 e-mails one explaining how the refunds would be dispersed and the other with my returned cruise-next certs. 

I applied for the cash refund on April 15th and did receive an e-mail confirmation that said it would take 90 days.

On May 20th my add-ons (water package and other things I added after) were credited back to my credit card. 

On June 24th I received an E-mail ( same as Pollyanne dreamgirl ).

Money was credited back to my credit card today for full balance owed.

I never called NCL just followed their instructions per their e-mails and they did as they said they would. I was fully refunded 75 days out. I had been reading these threads about the refunds and see a lot of people have been very upset with how long it has been taking. I understand that many need the money asap but try to remember nothing like whats going on has ever happened during our lifetimes. 

I didn't like having to wait any more than anyone else did but I realized this is not the norm. 

Right now there are many things I don't like but I feel we just have to make the best of it. I'm focusing on what I can do and what I do have instead of the bad. 

I hope everyone is refunded soon and stays in good health until we can cruise again.  

Just doesn't make sense re date order?

Cruise was 26th Mch, applied as soon as I could and past the 90 days now and still owed £5300.

I wonder how they are being processed?

Edited by rachiem

Received my email today with details of the amounts that would be credited. Said to expect the refund in 7-10 business days. My cruise was scheduled for 11 May and we requested the refund on 20 April (the first day the website opened).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just following up on this... we did receive refund yesterday 6/29. Hang in there they are coming through. Although it doesn’t seem to make sense the order in which they are doing things.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1

Requested refun on March 23rd.  Still NOTHING!  I called them 2 times and they are stringing me along!  Ill call again today for the 3rd time.  This is really ridiculous.  I will have to get my credit card company involved.  

On 6/27/2020 at 12:19 PM, CruizinKittie40 said:

Plus that's peak flu season.  I would never cruise in February anyway but that's just me

I just got off the Epic March 1st from that cruise out of PR.  It was an awesome cruise with perfect weather.

7 hours ago, rachiem said:

Just doesn't make sense re date order?

Cruise was 26th Mch, applied as soon as I could and past the 90 days now and still owed £5300.

I wonder how they are being processed?

I can't answer why some of us have gotten ours processed sooner than others. That's why I put all my info in there. We know a lot of people are working at home so I wonder if any of it depends on who gets yours and then who it gets sent to for final processing. Maybe you can call to ask if your's has been held up for some reason and make sure everything was received. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dogm said:

Requested refun on March 23rd.  Still NOTHING!  I called them 2 times and they are stringing me along!  Ill call again today for the 3rd time.  This is really ridiculous.  I will have to get my credit card company involved.  

Yes, do not delay. Mine issued a credit back in April for a March 23 cancellation. We heard nothing from NCL until the 95 day mark, when they started responding with inapplicable and inaccurate information. And now, trying to issue gift certificates instead of cash even though we memorialized our discussion from March in a writing. So now the CC company has to go back to NCL for clarification. Get the temporary credit on your credit card at once and then prepare for NCL to Mickey Mouse the process with unnecessary delays and stalls. Good luck!

Requested refund on 5/7 for a 5/17 cruise.  Received NCL email tonight (6/30) for the refund in 7-10 days.

The amount to be refunded was missing our original deposit.   Saw bedfordmom above had the same issue.   

If the deposit does not show up with the rest of the refund, guess I'll need to follow up with NCL...at

least most of the money is coming back soon!

Last night we got an email from NCL saying our deposit and final payment for May 23 Pearl is being processed to our credit card, please allow 7 to 10 business days. The amounts are correct. We are platinum and have been sailing NCL since the Norway, and we still have four FCD's, but we doubt whether we or NCL will ever cruise again.

Edited by latserrof

Today we received the last of the FCC due for our cancelled B2B cruises on the Pearl that were scheduled for this coming August and September.  The 25% bonus was applied to our account on 6/19 and the remaining 100%, most of which had been paid with FCC we had received for other cancelled cruises, hit our account today.  We also got back our four Cruise Next Deposits today.  We're now square with NCL and are looking forward to resuming cruising with them soon.

Received email 6/30/2020 from NCL with complete refund amounts, spa packages, insurance and cruise fare to appear on cc in 7-10 days. Our cruise was NCL Jade-Northern European 14 days, May 16-30, 2020. Applied May 7 for refund. Looks like less than 60 days for refund. 🙂

13 hours ago, banjineer said:

Requested refund on 5/7 for a 5/17 cruise.  Received NCL email tonight (6/30) for the refund in 7-10 days.

The amount to be refunded was missing our original deposit.   Saw bedfordmom above had the same issue.   

If the deposit does not show up with the rest of the refund, guess I'll need to follow up with NCL...at

least most of the money is coming back soon!

That's exactly my situation, too.  Requested refund May 7 for a May 17 cruise.  I got the same email last night, but upon checking my credit card account this morning, I see the refund was credited on June 27, a few days before the date of the email.  The amount was short my $50 deposit, but I figured maybe it was a nonrefundable deposit.  After dealing with canceling the related costs of this cruise, plus cancelations related to 2 planned land vacations in Europe later this year, I can't immediately muster up the energy to take on NCL over $50.   Maybe it will still come.   I am happy that I have most of my money back.  

• Like 1