Has anyone received their refund from NCL?

5 hours ago, bnwd20 said:

Sharing my experience with the refund process for the Bliss 4/19 - 5/10.  

• NCL cancellation email received on 3/30
  • Completed and submitted refund request form on 4/13.   Received generic email confirmation.
  • Wasn't confident on NCL honoring refund request, so I disputed charge with Chase on 5/12.  
  • Water packaged credited to CC on 6/3 with transaction date of 5/29
  • FCC removed from NCL account on 6/17
  • Received NCL email of confirmed / processing of refund on 6/23
  • Refund credited to CC on 6/24, with transaction date of 6/19.

I , too was on this cruise.  Many others have gotten their refunds also but not me.  Called NCL today with new expiration date on my credit card.  He said wait one to two weeks to hear anything.  Hope I didn't make a mistake and it reset my refund to wait another 90 days.

• Like 1

+1 to all the people saying they received ridiculously long dispute responses while they sit on the refunds. They were able to prepare 2 40+ page documents for my disputes over a month  ago which claimed I accepted the FCC (incredibly shady on their part, considering they auto-added it to the account) and have therefore been made whole. I re-opened all the disputes claiming that no, in no uncertain terms did I accept a FCC and indeed specifically followed their process for declining the FCC and refunding and they've been sitting pending for a while.

I just got the email that my refund is being processed within 7-10 business days, which was shocking given I was on a May cruise, but looks like I'll be closing the disputes soon enough (whenever the money shows up). Maybe they're just really fast on their processing (although I doubt it).

Edited by mynameisvlad

I also got the email yesterday detailing how much my refund will be and I will receive it in 7-10 days. This was for a cruise that should have departed on April 19, I put in my refund request the first day it was available to do so which was April 13. 

Funny thing about the 7-10 days - the refund was posted to my credit card last Saturday!

Received my email today with details of the amounts that would be credited. Said to expect the refund in 7-10 business days. My cruise was scheduled for 11 May and we requested the refund on 20 April (the first day the website opened).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Still waiting as well. Wouldn't it have made sense to do this in chronological order? When folks are finally getting refunds on later cancelled cruises and others have been waiting even longer... doesn't make sense to me.

Edited by winterbliss
Wrong words

my March 28th cruise was cancelled and I filled out the refund form on March 24th.  Still no email or refund.  Should I be worried or just keep waiting? ugh
Still waiting as well. Wouldn't it have made sense to do this in chronological order? When folks are finally getting refunds on later cancelled cruises and others have been waiting even longer... doesn't make sense to me.
Waiting for my 3.29 sailing refund as well. Anyone have any luck finding a contact to help? Good luck to us all![emoji1696]

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, z4oslo said:

Got it back today for my EPIC cruise leaving 4/18/2020 from Miami to Barcelona.

Requested refund 4/13 so within the  90 days.

We were looking forward to the same cruise as you!

We also requested via our TA on 4/13/20 and got the refund this week after the email alert.. So yes, around 2 months.

However, amount is not correct.  Does not include $100 deposit nor Barcelona transfers of $50.

TA tells me guests have received more than 1 email and corresponding refund so to wait it out for now.  She said the transfer was an "add-on" but the deposit part frankly doesn't make sense to me.

Fortunately the "big" amount for cruise, taxes, air and dining gratuities has been refunded.

Has that been the case with anyone here?

Also NCL mistakenly listed an AMEX card which was not ours and it turned out to be the TA agency's a/c.  That could have been a mess but we obviously did not get that refund as we do not possess that card.  The total that should have come back, however, is also not correct.  But that part is not for me to work out at least.

Still waiting on my refund from a 3/28 sailing. I cant believe people with later sailing dates who filed for refund after me are getting their refunds already. Terrible customer service. Totally insane to me.

• Like 1

Just a follow-up that I can't post in the locked original thread and fits here:

I completed the online refund form on April 13. Then, not wanting to wait I disputed the charge on AMEX and they refunded my money on 4/15 with the proviso: If you don't hear from us by 06/24/2020, then you may consider this matter closed.

On 6/23/20, AMEX rebilled me for the cruise saying NCL showed enough evidence. Fine by me, I like how AMEX waited until the last minute. I should have my refund well before the monthly payment is due. And if I don't get it, I just refile the dispute that can't be argued. Meanwhile, the chunk of refund I put in an ETF is up over $300.

• Like 1

Our May 1 Panama Canal cruise was cancelled by NCL on 3/30

We were issued 2 FCC + 25% bonus within 3-days

Our $500 in Cruise Next Certificates showed up on our account a few days later

We were able to ask for a cash refund for the full amount plus our prepays on 4/13

We promptly asked for those refunds on 4/13 with the caveat it would take up to 90 days to process

We expected our refund on or before July 10th, which would be 90 days

On 6/20 our FCC's disappeared from our account

Yesterday, 6/24 we received the following letter from NCL:

"We greatly appreciate the understanding of our valued guests during these fluid, unprecedented, and challenging times. The refund for reservation xxxxxxx represents the amount that was directly paid to Norwegian Cruise Line and has been processed back to the original form of payment(s) on file. The visibility of funds in your account(s) is dependent on your financial institution's internal policies.

We are incredibly appreciative of your loyalty and trust in allowing us to welcome you aboard our amazing ships. We remain dedicated to providing our guests with the best travel experiences across the globe, and we look forward to welcoming you aboard very soon.

The following is a breakout of your refund amount and the form of payment in which it has been processed back to:

Refund Type

Refund Amount(USD)

Original form of payment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Total Refund

xxxxxxxxxxx

Please allow 7 to 10 business days for this refund to fully process. If you have questions after that time please contact us at (800) 327-7030 or connect with your travel professional."

This is 2 weeks earlier than the 90 days previously stated. We are getting back 100% of what we paid. Our Latitude Points for the cruise we cancelled (42 points) still show on our account. I'm not sure if those will stay on there or not. Although the refund $$'s haven't actually hit our credit card account yet, we're happy. Thank you NCL, for coming through as you said you would!

8 hours ago, *Luv2Cruz* said:

Waiting for my 3.29 sailing refund as well. Anyone have any luck finding a contact to help? Good luck to us all!emoji1696.png

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Seeing that at least 10 from my roll call got their full refunds for our 4/19 Bliss cruise and knowing I might have trouble because my expiration date changed I called the main NCL number pressed "1" and waited for an agent no more than 5 minutes.  He was very nice and took my updated info and said it should take 7 to 10 days.  This was yesterday.  Hope this didn't put me back in the refund pool and have to wait another 90 days.  I keep looking at my email every few hours and check my CC every morning.  Very stressful.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cruisn4evr said:

my March 28th cruise was cancelled and I filled out the refund form on March 24th.  Still no email or refund.  Should I be worried or just keep waiting? ugh

You can be both, if you choose! 😉

• Like 2

Got our refund this morning! We were scheduled to be on a May 11 cruise that was cancelled mid-April, in the 3rd wave of cancellation announcements. We submitted our refund request through our travel provider on or around April 20. FCC showed up on our accounts quickly even though we had submitted the request, as many have reported.

Noticed on Monday (June 22) that the FCC had disappeared, got the email from NCL that the refund was being processed on Wednesday (June 24), and it came through on our CC this morning.

Also noticed that our Latitudes points are still on our accounts so that's a nice touch - hopefully those don't go away!

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 3:39 PM, adamnoone said:

Still waiting on my refund from a 3/28 sailing. I cant believe people with later sailing dates who filed for refund after me are getting their refunds already. Terrible customer service. Totally insane to me.

Me too from 3/26. Over 90 days now 😞

I got full refund back to my credit card today. Called CC and it will take another five business days before I will see it in my bank account. Our cruise was supposed to leave May 10 for Alaska. Took a while but NCL came through and refunded.