Hong Kong

Sir PMP

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

Apparently APPLE has already started sourcing key components and some assembly in other countries.  I do expect that Apple will keep some production in China since that is likely going to be a requirement to do business in that country (it is a huge market).  But I do think that the world has learned a lesson about putting most of their eggs in one basket and China is going to be the economic loser.   

Han k

I surely do hope you are right. The whole supply-chain situation in this country needs rethinking.

• Like 2

On 6/2/2020 at 8:23 AM, Hlitner said:

Apparently APPLE has already started sourcing key components and some assembly in other countries.  I do expect that Apple will keep some production in China since that is likely going to be a requirement to do business in that country (it is a huge market).  But I do think that the world has learned a lesson about putting most of their eggs in one basket and China is going to be the economic loser.   

Han k

Hm US as they have streamlined cost have moved everything into a single source, I guess we can go back to that model, be ready for huge increase in cost

I guess if people are okay with the cost of things from the 1990s let's go for it, LOL

I feel for the people of HK, but all that is happening is the assimilation timeline is accelerated, but what is sadder is what has happened to the US.

Imagine what the POTUS would say if we saw the HK leader or China leader use his military/police to clear a path thru demonstrators for a photo op.   Oh what would we say and do now it is in our own country.   

Edited by chipmaster

2 hours ago, chipmaster said:

Hm US as they have streamlined cost have moved everything into a single source, I guess we can go back to that model, be ready for huge increase in cost

I guess if people are okay with the cost of things from the 1990s let's go for it, LOL

I feel for the people of HK, but all that is happening is the assimilation timeline is accelerated, but what is sadder is what has happened to the US.

Imagine what the POTUS would say if we saw the HK leader or China leader use his military/police to clear a path thru demonstrators for a photo op.   Oh what would we say and do now it is in our own country.   

What has Potus to do with this subject?

2 hours ago, chipmaster said:

I figured that this thread would eventually devolve into politics.  Congrats Chipmaster, you did it !!  

NO politics on CC.   It's nice to come to at least one website that isn't slanted and biased one way or the other.  Let's keep it that way.

• Like 1