NCL Escape- Aft Balcony or Large Balcony???

janelleg

We're currently booked on the Norwegian Escape in a large balcony (9114) but saw there were a bunch of open Aft Balconies for not much more.  Which do you recommend, and why?  Thanks in advance!!!

We’ve had an aft on the Escape and loved it. It was a private little retreat. Never had a problem with soot at all. Would absolutely choose aft in your scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 5/31/2020 at 6:23 PM, janelleg said:

We're currently booked on the Norwegian Escape in a large balcony (9114) but saw there were a bunch of open Aft Balconies for not much more.  Which do you recommend, and why?  Thanks in advance!!!

I would likely choose an Aft Balcony, but I would look carefully at what was on the floors above and below me for noise concerns before booking.

On 5/31/2020 at 6:23 PM, janelleg said:

Which aft-facing balconies are available? The depth of the balcony varies by deck and there are also differences in balcony width and bed location. 12308/12908 would be my choice for a B1.

Deck 12 is the 2nd deepest, those 2 are bed near balcony (also 12310), the view is good but isn't too high for noise from above to be a problem.

Being higher could be a problem at night due to noise from Spice H2O. 

2 hours ago, goofy4mickey said:

I would agree on AFT. The large balconies are very far forward and offer little privacy

IMG-1272-Copy.jpg

9114 is about 1/2 covered from above and 1/2 exposed. The balconies on deck 8 are much larger and are about 1/4 covered from above and 3/4 exposed. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only

We had a aft balcony on the Escape.  Room was great but you did hear noise from above but it did not bother us.  Balcony had loungers, chairs, and small table.  The wake is nice to watch.  We were in 14906, ADA cabin.

Edited by cincicruisers
  • Like 1