Q: NS aft wrap Neptune 3rd bed size?

Machta

Good afternoon, all!  We have a cruise on the Nieuw Statendam booked for July 2021.  It will be me, my husband, and our 18yo daughter.  As a special treat I’m thinking of upgrading to an aft-wrap Neptune, but on Hal Facts it looks like the sofa is more of a chaise, and I’m concerned that it’s not a “real” bed.  Has anyone had experience with the 3rd bed in an aft-wrap Neptune on either the NS or the Koningsdam?

Thanks in advance...

19 minutes ago, oakridger said:

This photo above looks like a veranda cabin layout.  The OP is asking about the Neptune suite aft wrap.  

Exactly.  The Aft-wrap Neptunes have a chaise-looking sort of "almost a sofa," and I haven't found any photos of if or how it folds out, or exactly how it makes in to a bed.  It's different from the sofas in regular Neptunes, and very different from the loveseats in verandah cabins that fold out to a single bed.  

Anybody ever used one of the 3rd beds in an Aft-wrap Neptune on the Nieuw Statendam or Koningsdam?

Did you look at the website that has "HAL" and the word "Facts"  run together .com? Several photos there of aft wrap S Neptunes which show the chaise which appears to be a twin size bed. Not sure it would unfold or is just made up as a bed. Seems to me that the Signature Suites on the Pinnacle class have a murphy bed in a space between the main bed area and the bathroom with a wall separating the main area from the murphy bed. That would give some privacy, but is not a Neptune suite. Or just google the ship name and aft neptune which should suggest some picture sites.

Edited by oceanmom

33 minutes ago, oceanmom said:

Did you look at the website that has "HAL" and the word "Facts"  run together .com? Several photos there of aft wrap S Neptunes which show the chaise which appears to be a twin size bed. Not sure it would unfold or is just made up as a bed. Seems to me that the Signature Suites on the Pinnacle class have a murphy bed in a space between the main bed area and the bathroom with a wall separating the main area from the murphy bed. That would give some privacy, but is not a Neptune suite. Or just google the ship name and aft neptune which should suggest some picture sites.

Yes, I have looked at all the aft wraps on that website.  There are some comments about the chaise being short, which is what prompted my question.  I'll look at the Signature Suites right now, thanks for the idea!

18 minutes ago, Machta said:

Yes, I have looked at all the aft wraps on that website.  There are some comments about the chaise being short, which is what prompted my question.  I'll look at the Signature Suites right now, thanks for the idea!

We loved our Signature suite #7105 on the Koningsdam for 3 weeks and wished one of our adult kids were with us.  The Murphy bed was in basically a semi private area much better than a fold out bed.  I sent lots of photos to the website you were referred to but here are a couple of the “room” with the hidden Murphy bed and then when it starts getting folded down.

Unless you specifically want the perks of a Neptune suite (which are wonderful of course) your daughter may sleep more comfortably in a Signature suite. 

4AC6D187-2774-4900-BF33-247BB05E1FE0.jpeg

F52F0B6D-0BB3-406F-AB7E-566E554780BE.jpeg

14 hours ago, canadianbear said:

Not sure if you’re interested (forgot on my previous post) but this is a photo of the chaise lounge in our signature suite.

0E03E4E1-17C0-4277-93D7-F14F89B6B11E.jpeg

Wow, the Murphy bed looks amazing!  We will look in to a Signature Suite, for sure!  And that looks like the same chaise that's in the Aft-wrap Neptunes -- was it long enough to be used as a bed?  Or was it too short?

3 hours ago, Machta said:

Wow, the Murphy bed looks amazing!  We will look in to a Signature Suite, for sure!  And that looks like the same chaise that's in the Aft-wrap Neptunes -- was it long enough to be used as a bed?  Or was it too short?

The Murphy bed was pretty impressive in its own area-we didn’t even know it was there until the steward mentioned it and showed us!

I think your daughter would be fine on the chaise unless she’s quite tall.  I was thinking more of privacy - the Signature suite seemed a bit better for that.  However, if you’re a close family I also think your daughter would love the perks of the Neptune suite!  It’s a nice way to feel spoiled.  

Do read posts/reviews about the aft Neptune suites on the larger ships because it seems the balcony isn’t as large as the older ships. We have never stayed in an Aft Neptune-usually pick one closer to the Neptune lounge.  (Husband won’t stay in an aft cabin, likes to be mid ship).  

Thanks for your thoughts.  We have time to think about it!  We all love the idea of an aft wrap, although the balcony isn't as large as on some of the older ships, it's so much larger than the verandah we usually get.  But we're finding that the verandah cabins are just too small for the 3 of us.  Deciding whether to go with a Signature & Murphy bed with smallish verandah versus Neptune & chaise bed but much larger wrap verandah is going to be tough.  And then there's the money aspect . . . but thanks so much for your help!

1 hour ago, Machta said:

Thanks for your thoughts.  We have time to think about it!  We all love the idea of an aft wrap, although the balcony isn't as large as on some of the older ships, it's so much larger than the verandah we usually get.  But we're finding that the verandah cabins are just too small for the 3 of us.  Deciding whether to go with a Signature & Murphy bed with smallish verandah versus Neptune & chaise bed but much larger wrap verandah is going to be tough.  And then there's the money aspect . . . but thanks so much for your help!

We had an aft Neptune on the NS, cabin 5198.  It felt very private and had lots of light with windows on two sides.  Only the newer ships have that extra window in the corner afts.  Our 22 year old son stayed with us, he is 6 feet tall, and his feet hung over the edge of the bed.  But he said it was very comfortable and had no complaints.

cabin on NS.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arielmatey said:

We had an aft Neptune on the NS, cabin 5198.  It felt very private and had lots of light with windows on two sides.  Only the newer ships have that extra window in the corner afts.  Our 22 year old son stayed with us, he is 6 feet tall, and his feet hung over the edge of the bed.  But he said it was very comfortable and had no complaints.

cabin on NS.jpg

Thank you so much!  That's exactly what I needed to know.  Our daughter is 5'4", so it sounds like the chaise bed will be fine.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Machta said:

Sometimes the 3rd person is much lower priced and if that is so I’d pick a Neptune especially now you’ve said your daughter is 5’4”.   Whichever you decide, have a wonderful time.  We’ve done several cruises with our adult children and it’s great memories.  

9 hours ago, canadianbear said:

Sometimes the 3rd person is much lower priced and if that is so I’d pick a Neptune especially now you’ve said your daughter is 5’4”.   Whichever you decide, have a wonderful time.  We’ve done several cruises with our adult children and it’s great memories.  

9 hours ago, canadianbear said:

Thanks, Canadianbear!  I really appreciate your help!

• Like 1