New Cancellations as of 6-11-20

9 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Supposed be on Nov Jewel TA. Except for last week she's been in Med for 2 months. Still almost 6 months away, lot can happen. Been watching her movements, counting days, hoping

Well, she was previously supposed to be going thru the Suez instead of doing a TA in Nov.

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Here is an article I saw online today listing the various countries and when they will re-open and who they will allow in.    Doesn't look favorable for europe / med cruises to happen this summer.    but everything changes week by week.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/12/which-countries-are-open-for-summer-travel-after-coronavirus.html

No Europe cruises means no TA's😪

33 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Well, she was previously supposed to be going thru the Suez instead of doing a TA in Nov.

Irony is I actually was Booked on the Suez before I jumped ship. So come on, nothing but Good Vibes! 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Irony is I actually was Booked on the Suez before I jumped ship. So come on, nothing but Good Vibes! 

Not in my cabin you weren't 😉

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, welwyngirl said:

Maybe.  It's still cynical and not a great long-term business decision.

I suspect we aren't looking a company that truly expects to be in business long term. I suspect their corporate offices, and definitely their phone answering banks, are as turbulent as a ship in a storm.   The only calls they are getting are for refunds, credit, rescheduling; and Management is, apparently, saying, "Hang on to every dime; just say no."  They can't sail; there's no place to sail to.  However, if they wait to cancel until after final payment, they continue taking in cash--and cash is something they simply don't have at the moment.  It is, I think, difficult to believe they are going to survive this.

On 6/12/2020 at 11:08 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

Here is an article I saw online today listing the various countries and when they will re-open and who they will allow in.    Doesn't look favorable for europe / med cruises to happen this summer.    but everything changes week by week.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/12/which-countries-are-open-for-summer-travel-after-coronavirus.html

If cruising will be allowed within the European countries there is no reason why we will not see cruises to happen as of August or September, RCL doesn't only depend there on North american tourists epecially in europe. At the begining the cruiseline will be happy to start with 50% capacity or less in order to at least adapt to the new on board procedures in practice with passengers on board.

2 hours ago, LXA350 said:

If cruising will be allowed within the European countries there is no reason why we will not see cruises to happen as of August or September, RCL doesn't only depend there on North american tourists epecially in europe. At the begining the cruiseline will be happy to start with 50% capacity or less in order to at least adapt to the new on board procedures in practice with passengers on board.

Very true....all we can do is wait and see if the ports re-open for cruises in Europe.

Denmark (Copenhagen) has already said no cruises this summer.  My 2 cruises out of copenhagen were cancelled on June 11th.

On 6/13/2020 at 12:08 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

Very useful.  Thank you