2 hours ago, Kamloops50 said:

Why do some cruise lines (mainly the RCCL group) don't sell their insurance to passengers outside of the United states?

Hi Kamloops50,

My guess is their underwriters are not licensed to business in the other locations. The only way to know for sure is to ask the crusie line.

Steve Dasseos

30 minutes ago, Kamloops50 said:

I can’t see why not. The same carrier for Carnival and all its brands sells to Canadians in Canadian dollars.

Unless something has changed very recently, the underwriter for RCI and Celebrity is Arch and the Carnival brands use Nationwide.  I'm not sure if that's the reason RCCL only sells their plans in the USA, but the two cruise companies you mention use different underwriters (carriers). 

Both companies do use Aon Affinity to administrate the claims, but I don't think that matters here.

1 hour ago, Kamloops50 said:

They both use AON now. Thats who answered the phone when I called celebrities insurance carrier . Carnival also uses AON.

There's a difference between ADMINISTRATOR (AON) and UNDERWRITER (Arch vs. Nationwide)

19 hours ago, klfrodo said:

There's a difference between ADMINISTRATOR (AON) and UNDERWRITER (Arch vs. Nationwide)

When I called the 800 number . AON answered and paperwork for purchase came from AON. AON is large international insurance broker in Canada and the US.

I have always had doubts about all these insurance packages. I doubt they will have a word about a virus break out or something because this situation falls into force major reasons.. which is also has been ignored many times and by many different companies. I would rather have a regular insurance that will cover me if I fall sick and I will need some special and very expensive treatment