Room booking question

Susan2u

We are looking to book 3 cruise rooms. My daughter is unsure if her fiancé can go do they allow TBD for the second guest name in a room. Will there be a name change charge when the name is added. One of her girlfriends will go with her if he can’t that’s why we don’t want to put a specific name yet. Thank you in advance 

If there is only your daughter they can always add a 2nd person for the cost of his fees and taxes. I domt think you even need the tba. The deposit should be less with just one person.

The only time you need the tba is if you are booking a cabin that holds more than 2, sometimes 2 cant book a triple or a quad. Or if one cancels there is a slight chance of getting moved out of the quad, but usually during like spring break or summer. With covid demand is low. If 2 max in the cabin list her as a solo, she will be charged 2 fares. One fees and port tax. Doesnt matter 90% of the time adding a 2nd last minute. Supposedly all muster stations are set up for 2 in cabin. 

I usually sail solo but have sometimes added a friend after booking.  As firefly said, don't even book it as a TBD.

You pay double for per person fare,  The deposit is also per person unless there's a 2-for-1 deposit sale happening.  That way, you can book Early Saver and when you add the 2nd person, it is NOT considered a name change.

We've added someone at a later time twice within the last two years. Our son was taking a friend on both of them, but didn't know who at the time of booking. Our PVP never added a "TBA." We were just charged the single-supplement for our son for the time being, until we added the friend. Both times, we didn't add the friend until close to final payment date and never had a problem.

It's a good way to do it because, when the second person is added, the price at the time of booking is already locked in. OP, if you booked an Early Saver rate, just make sure not to add the second person, like the fiance, if there's a chance it'll have to be changed to the friend later. Early Saver doesn't allow name changes. In that scenario, that cabin would have to be cancelled, then immediately re-booked with the different person. You're then paying the current price, which is often higher than when you booked. So before you add that second person, wait until you're sure they're going to avoid any hassle. Again, that's for Early Saver.

On 6/12/2020 at 8:05 PM, Susan2u said:

We are looking to book 3 cruise rooms. My daughter is unsure if her fiancé can go do they allow TBD for the second guest name in a room. Will there be a name change charge when the name is added. One of her girlfriends will go with her if he can’t that’s why we don’t want to put a specific name yet. Thank you in advance 

I have always been able to do this.  

On 6/13/2020 at 11:14 AM, Organized Chaos said:

We've added someone at a later time twice within the last two years. Our son was taking a friend on both of them, but didn't know who at the time of booking. Our PVP never added a "TBA." We were just charged the single-supplement for our son for the time being, until we added the friend. Both times, we didn't add the friend until close to final payment date and never had a problem.

It's a good way to do it because, when the second person is added, the price at the time of booking is already locked in. OP, if you booked an Early Saver rate, just make sure not to add the second person, like the fiance, if there's a chance it'll have to be changed to the friend later. Early Saver doesn't allow name changes. In that scenario, that cabin would have to be cancelled, then immediately re-booked with the different person. You're then paying the current price, which is often higher than when you booked. So before you add that second person, wait until you're sure they're going to avoid any hassle. Again, that's for Early Saver.

The price of pax #2 is already locked when they charged for 2 pax.

If you want to add pax #3 that can vary and change when adding later, but 2 pax already paid for. I've never had trouble adding a 2nd pax or having to pay more other than taxes and fees.

7 hours ago, firefly333 said:

The price of pax #2 is already locked when they charged for 2 pax.

If you want to add pax #3 that can vary and change when adding later, but 2 pax already paid for. I've never had trouble adding a 2nd pax or having to pay more other than taxes and fees.

Yes, I said the price was locked in at the time of booking. I'm not sure why you're trying to correct me. My reference to paying more was just a warning to the OP that if they booked ES and assigned passenger #2, but had to change them later, it'd cost them. So it's best not to assign #2 until they're sure that person is the one. Been there, done that, it's not fun. I'm also aware that the 3rd person rate can vary, but the OP didn't mention a 3rd person, so neither did I.

1 hour ago, PittsburghGirlee said:

To Be Determined = TBD

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yup. I agree. TBD = To Be Determined = It's To Soon To Tell.  In other words, they don't know or if they do they aren't saying.