January 9, 2021 Koenigsdam

rimau

Did you have it booked as a "collectors voyage" with the following 17 day Hawaii attached as one booking #?  If so yes - you would receive a cancellation notice as the January 16th 17 night and February 2nd 18 night Hawaii cruises have been cancelled.  It appears they are being replaced with 5 new Mexican Riviera departures on January 16th, 23rd, 30th, February 6th and 13th.  The stand-alone 7 night Mexico cruise on January 9th is still bookable

6 minutes ago, john2003 said:

Doesn't look good for Australia and NZ in early next year if they can't even circle Hawaii. 

Mrs Banjo and I are scheduled for a 35 day cruise from Ft Lauderdale to Auckland NZ in January on another cruise line. We have not canceled yet, but it is looking like we will not be going.  Very sad.

16 hours ago, john2003 said:

Doesn't look good for Australia and NZ in early next year if they can't even circle Hawaii. 

I suspect the change is because it's easier to sell 7 day Mexican cruises than 17/18 day Hawaii cruises.

Our November Hawaiian cruise (and I think the October cruise) are still on (as of when I wrote this 🙂).

We have the 7 day Mexico on the K-Dam on 02/27/21. I've wanted to change this do an Alaskan in Sept. 2021 since I think cruising will be more viable by then (let's hope). But if it get's cancelled I won't have to change anything.

-Paul

3 hours ago, fusion927 said:

I suspect the change is because it's easier to sell 7 day Mexican cruises than 17/18 day Hawaii cruises.

Our November Hawaiian cruise (and I think the October cruise) are still on (as of when I wrote this 🙂).

HAL has cancelled all remaining 2020 and Early 2021 Hawaii Cruises that were roundtrip from San Diego and Vancouver.  I think this is more to do with Hawaii indicating that as they reopen no-one will be allowed to enter the state unless they have certification of a negative Covid test within 72 hrs of arrival, or they will have to self quarantine for 14 days.  This appears to be the plan until a vaccine is available.  As such HAL has decided to cancel these sailings and replace them with Mexican Riviera departures in hopes that they can operate them with less restrictions.

5 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

HAL has cancelled all remaining 2020 and Early 2021 Hawaii Cruises that were roundtrip from San Diego and Vancouver.  I think this is more to do with Hawaii indicating that as they reopen no-one will be allowed to enter the state unless they have certification of a negative Covid test within 72 hrs of arrival, or they will have to self quarantine for 14 days.  This appears to be the plan until a vaccine is available.  As such HAL has decided to cancel these sailings and replace them with Mexican Riviera departures in hopes that they can operate them with less restrictions.

When did they cancel the rest of the San Diego cruises?  We are on the 11/3 cruise and it is not listed as cancelled.  Same with the October 17th cruise (both on the Koningsdam).

Yes, the Vancouver cruises were cancelled due to Canada's restriction.

Hawaii's quarantine period is currently through July 31st.  Of course it could be extended, but they are starting to allow intra-island flights without quarantines.

1 hour ago, fusion927 said:

When did they cancel the rest of the San Diego cruises?  We are on the 11/3 cruise and it is not listed as cancelled.  Same with the October 17th cruise (both on the Koningsdam).

Yes, the Vancouver cruises were cancelled due to Canada's restriction.

Hawaii's quarantine period is currently through July 31st.  Of course it could be extended, but they are starting to allow intra-island flights without quarantines.

I stand corrected - I thought the fall 2020 Hawaii sailings from SAN were cancelled as well.  Here is the announcement from HAL (which I obviously misread): 

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/news/coronavirus-travel-advisory.html

Apologies to all for the miscommunication.

That said I'd be surprised to see the 10/17 and 11/3 Hawaii cruises actually sail as scheduled

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

43 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I stand corrected - I thought the fall 2020 Hawaii sailings from SAN were cancelled as well.  Here is the announcement from HAL (which I obviously misread): 

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/news/coronavirus-travel-advisory.html

Apologies to all for the miscommunication.

No problem... In these confusing times, I might have thought the same, except we plan to be on the 11/3 cruise, so I'm paying super close attention to it.

44 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

That said I'd be surprised to see the 10/17 and 11/3 Hawaii cruises actually sail as scheduled

I have a vested interest in you being wrong 🙂.  But if you are, it wouldn't be the first to be canceled under us.  Just regroup and move on to the next one (which isn't until October 2021 so it might happen!).