No Cruises until October

2 minutes ago, Got2Cruise said:

New York currently has less than 1% of those being tested, being positive. Anyone in NY can get a free test very easily. What happened three months ago is irrelevant to being admitted to Europe today. NY NJ CT just announced if your state numbers are rising then you must be quarantined 14 days because you are a risk. 

You can throw stones if we get anywhere near the infection rate of NY or NJ.  As to death rate, we are doing even better; so much for those fancy hospitals in the Northeast.  

Marc

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ladys Mom said:

The EU is considering banning US travelers because the percentage of new cases is going up not down.  You, who live in Oklahoma, must know that the number of new cases and hospitalizations has gone up exponentially in recent days.  No-one is deriding one country or another, it is just a matter of fact.  Until the US can reduce the number of new Covid-19 cases and especially hospitalizations and deaths, through at least the use of masks and social distancing, than other countries will be reluctant to admit us by land or by sea.

Yes, cases have gone up in Oklahoma, but hospitalizations are flat, and death rates are down.

I am cautiously optimistic that this means the virus is losing its potency.  Of course, part of it may be that we are testing more people so picking up more mild cases.  Anyone can get a test who wants one now.  All patients coming into the hospitals or even to outpatient surgery are tested.

• Like 4

Illinois is going into Phase 4 this Friday - like a lot of states, we have areas that are heavily populated, as well as still a lot of farmland, so number of cases varies tremendously.  Sort of understandable that those who live in less heavily populated areas have a somewhat different feel regarding current protocols etc.

I am cautiously hoping that Illinois doesn't see the huge spike in numbers that we've seen elsewhere as restrictions are loosened.  Free testing, whether symptomatic or not, is really opening up here as well so I'm sure we'll see some spikes. 

In my suburban area I'm still seeing a lot of compliance with wearing masks at grocery stores, Target/Walmart, Home Depot, etc., and my hair salon was complying with CDC, Illinois, and professional society standards in full.  But boy that first hair cut was great.

• Like 1