I requested 100% refund and MSC is telling me I requested FCC

KeyzCruz

Hi, I requested 100% refund on a cruise I was suppose to set on March 13th. Once I submitted my option to received my funds I was told 60 days after submitting that I would received my money. I never received an email confirming that I requested this option, I just decided to wait for the refund, my 60 days has past and I called MSC only for them to tell me that I requested a FCC which I did not. 

Has anyone experienced this and if so, what was the out come?

I was told that they had some issues with some of the March requested refunds. When I called the first time about my refund the person on the other end of the line questioned if I has requested a FCC or refund. I had an email stating refund with a tracking number. I think they screwed up.

• Like 1

MSC Canada is doing the same thing.

I have 2 cancelled cruises (by MSC) in Sept & Oct that are still in the the full deposit refund period.

They keep pushing the FCC, without an option for a refund.

They're really frustrating to deal with.

• Like 1

97 days for us.  And GatorMomNC has to be over 120 by now.

On 6/21/2020 at 7:46 AM, PompeySailor said:

Anyone been waiting longer than 94 Days?

Edited by aprilF

Update 6/22

DAY 95

Was told by Geoffrey that MSC sent out Credit of $400 on 6/14 Sunday

Called MSC today to ask why money is not in our bank, New answer it was completed on 6/18.

Still could not provide us with transaction # or proof they have completed.

So they lied yet again 🤬

MSC said will be in bank 3-5 business days

Bank said 7-10 business days.

Called our credit card company and they have no transaction data.

Whilst on phone we completed a dispute, so CC company can deal with MSC’s BS

Friends had their cruise 17th March cancelled on Friday 13th March , this was for 4 flying to Barbados from UK and 2 weeks on Preziosa. MSC UK have told them 120 days for refund!!!

Edited by emmas gran
spelling

On 6/18/2020 at 1:32 PM, KeyzCruz said:

Hi, I requested 100% refund on a cruise I was suppose to set on March 13th. Once I submitted my option to received my funds I was told 60 days after submitting that I would received my money. I never received an email confirming that I requested this option, I just decided to wait for the refund, my 60 days has past and I called MSC only for them to tell me that I requested a FCC which I did not. 

Has anyone experienced this and if so, what was the out come?

Similar for us.  We requested a FCC for a cancelled March 13th cruise and are still waiting both for the refund of the tax and port fees to our credit card as well as for the FCC.  I've called just about every 3-4 weeks to ask about the status.  All of the reps with whom I have spoken were very nice and apologetic. However,  while all were able to tell me they can see my application, none have been able to explain why it has yet to be processed.   Conversely, a few weeks after we requested the FCC for the March cruise, we cancelled a fall Armonia cruise (well before the final payment date) and received a full refund of our deposit within about 4 weeks.  Go figure...

If anyone has waited at least sixty days or more from the date of asking for the refund, please contact your credit card company and dispute the charge. Unfortunately the customer service reps are only repeating what they have been told. It’s not their fault. 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 1:11 PM, aprilF said:

97 days for us.  And GatorMomNC has to be over 120 by now.

It will be 4 mos. on Thursday July 2nd (requested March 2nd).  And my cruise wasn't cancelled, I cancelled within the time frame to receive a full refund (my cruise was supposed to have ended yesterday)...

• Like 1