Seaview changed to Fantasia

Sancho_proudfoot

17 hours ago, ken98230 said:

We were to take this cruise as well.  Flights already purchased with at least $600US in cancellation fees.

We can’t travel in April so not sure what is going to happen.  Still have not been reimbursed for last March sailing from Dubai.

Hope you are able to go in April as it looks like a much better itinerary.

Hi, we cannot do April 2021 as we are taking an island trip that was cancelled for April this year. I have just looked at doing the Nov 2020 sailing from the Med to Dubai on Fantasia and the pricing is crazy its £1800 pp more for YC than we got priced in January 2020 for our trip next March. If that is how pricing is going for YC we will not be doing it, the product is very good but the food needs to match the pricing and on our previous cruises it hasn't. Regading flights we think we get charged £100 fee pp by Emirates if we request a refund.

Liz

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

Hi, we cannot do April 2021 as we are taking an island trip that was cancelled for April this year. I have just looked at doing the Nov 2020 sailing from the Med to Dubai on Fantasia and the pricing is crazy its £1800 pp more for YC than we got priced in January 2020 for our trip next March. If that is how pricing is going for YC we will not be doing it, the product is very good but the food needs to match the pricing and on our previous cruises it hasn't. Regading flights we think we get charged £100 fee pp by Emirates if we request a refund.

Liz

Prices on every category seem high at the moment, which, annoyingly, I suspect is because of all the changes they are making. Over £700 for a Caribbean inside 7 night cruise in Jan. Never have I seen that price prior to C19. 

If people start cancelling cruise because they no longer match what they booked, and I'm sure there will be a huge amount, the. Prices should plummit to avoid empty sailings. 

During a conversation this morning with the UK office, she seemed to indicate my 7 night Fantasia bargain has been changed to the 21 night repo. I'm not getting my hopes up until I have the confirmation in writing. But I would consider it a lottery win if it happens. Fingers crossed

On 6/24/2020 at 4:05 PM, ken98230 said:

We were to take this cruise as well.  Flights already purchased with at least $600US in cancellation fees.

We can’t travel in April so not sure what is going to happen.  Still have not been reimbursed for last March sailing from Dubai.

Hope you are able to go in April as it looks like a much better itinerary.

Hi Ken, can you let me know where you found the April itinerary? We were due to sail on Seaview as well and are awaiting further info from MSC regarding the change, but haven't seen any new or updated itinerary bar the departure / arrival dates. 

5 minutes ago, Owenny said:

Hi Ken, can you let me know where you found the April itinerary? We were due to sail on Seaview as well and are awaiting further info from MSC regarding the change, but haven't seen any new or updated itinerary bar the departure / arrival dates. 

The itinerary is not released in full yet But is now 19 nights.I rang MSC and was told April 8th Doha and 10th Dubai. The young man I spoke with said agents will be notified next week, July 1st was mentioned. It’s not good publishing this on FB  and the website without the full information for those of us that are booked.

34 minutes ago, Owenny said:

Sorry I am not 100% sure it was a Seaview itinerary or the old Lyrica itinerary I was looking at.  I just recall that it included a few stops that I would enjoy like Haifa.

I am really surprised that MSC has not given us more info.  My last conversation with them indicated that the info wouldn't be available until July 2nd.

Just checked our booking under web check in for March 2021 which has changed to April and they have now allocated a YC cabin on Fantasia. Not one I would have picked myself, but still waiting for news from MSC or agent..

On 6/25/2020 at 11:24 AM, Owenny said:

Here is the itinerary:  Ship changed to Fantasia

Day 1 Saturday, 10 Apr 2021 Port: Dubai, U. Arab Emirates Arrival: - Departure: -
Day 2 Sunday, 11 Apr 2021 Port: Dubai, U. Arab Emirates Arrival: - Departure: 17:00
Day 3 Monday, 12 Apr 2021 Port: Abu Dhabi, U. Arab Emirates Arrival: 06:00 Departure: 19:00
Day 4 Tuesday, 13 Apr 2021 Port: At sea Arrival: - Departure: -
Day 5 Wednesday, 14 Apr 2021 Port: At sea Arrival: - Departure: -
Day 6 Thursday, 15 Apr 2021 Port: Salalah, Oman Arrival: 08:00 Departure: 18:00
Day 7 Friday, 16 Apr 2021 Port: At sea Arrival: - Departure: -
Day 8 Saturday, 17 Apr 2021 Port: At sea Arrival: - Departure: -
Day 9 Sunday, 18 Apr 2021 Port: At sea Arrival: - Departure: -
Day 10 Monday, 19 Apr 2021 Port: At sea Arrival: - Departure: -
Day 11 Tuesday, 20 Apr 2021 Port: Aqaba, Jordan Arrival: 08:00 Departure: 18:00
Day 12 Wednesday, 21 Apr 2021 Port: Suez Canal (transit), Egypt Arrival: - Departure: -
Day 13 Thursday, 22 Apr 2021 Port: Suez Canal (transit), Egypt Arrival: - Departure: -
Day 14 Friday, 23 Apr 2021 Port: Haifa, Israel Arrival: 08:00 Departure: 19:00
Day 15 Saturday, 24 Apr 2021 Port: At sea Arrival: - Departure: -
Day 16 Sunday, 25 Apr 2021 Port: Piraeus, Greece Arrival: 07:30 Departure: 16:30
Day 17 Monday, 26 Apr 2021 Port: At sea Arrival: - Departure: -
Day 18 Tuesday, 27 Apr 2021 Port: Naples, Italy Arrival: 08:00 Departure: 18:00
Day 19 Wednesday, 28 Apr 2021 Port: Civitavecchia, Italy Arrival: 08:00 Departure: 19:00
Day 20 Thursday, 29 Apr 2021 Port: Genoa, Italy Arrival: 08:00 Departure: -

I'm now going around in circles trying to find out some accurate details. We booked through a large UK TA. MSC have changed the booking from the Seaview to the Fantasia. We gather we get €200 OBC by way of "compensation".

My view is that as we have been moved from Seaview, in an Aurea suite with a whirlpool on the balcony to the Fantasia (older, smaller, less "wow"ship) to a cabin somewhere on board ( haven't been told where, or what cabin, or what it has to offer) we are, effectively being downgraded. As such, l believe the whole cruise should be repriced downwards, as we are getting a lesser offering.

I cannot talk to the TA, as their phone lines for existing bookings is "temporarily" switched off.

MSC won't talk to me as we booked through the TA.

Final balance due date is looming.  I am reluctant to hand over £000s without being 100% sure of what I'm getting.

Frustration City!

Just a suggestion that you may have already tried is to log in to MSC and see if it brings up your newly assigned cruise.  In our case our new cabin showed up under “Cruise Details”  This was about a week ago.  Today we got the email advising the date and ship change.

Just tried to get to cabin info again which I was able to do on June 30th --no access to details today.

Still heard nothing official re the changes to cruise --all the "talk" on CC re announcements next week guess we just have to wait and see. 

On 6/25/2020 at 10:10 AM, stuart2468 said:

Prices on every category seem high at the moment, which, annoyingly, I suspect is because of all the changes they are making. Over £700 for a Caribbean inside 7 night cruise in Jan. Never have I seen that price prior to C19. 

If people start cancelling cruise because they no longer match what they booked, and I'm sure there will be a huge amount, the. Prices should plummit to avoid empty sailings. 

During a conversation this morning with the UK office, she seemed to indicate my 7 night Fantasia bargain has been changed to the 21 night repo. I'm not getting my hopes up until I have the confirmation in writing. But I would consider it a lottery win if it happens. Fingers crossed

Stuart, did they ever confirm if you won the lottery or not? 🤞