Adult drink package

st1100y2k

The drink package can vary. But in a nutshell the standard drink package when taken as a Free at Sea perk includes all alcoholic beverages that have a menu price of $15.00 or lower.  It also includes soda.

That is the short version of the drink package explanation.

This link to NCL's drink package may be able to answer some more questions.

https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/beverage-packages

If you like to specify a brand of liquor in your drinks, you will be limited to 3 - 5 of each type.  I can order Patron, but not top shelf brands.

I never find the basic drink package to be limiting other than I wish bottled water and specialty coffee were included.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, st1100y2k said:

What do you get with just the standard "Adult Drink Package" ?  This is our first NCL cruise, so we will probably have many questions.  Thanks in advance for your response.

The package pays for the first $15 of the drink price. You pay for anything over $15 + tip on the overage. Some items excluded per the post above. Post #42 on the link below has a menu. They highlight things which exceed the $15. 

Edited by BirdTravels

I am considering the "adult (and teen) soda package", in case anyone has knowledge of it. Looks like they only have one diet flavor, which may get pretty tiresome but I am addicted to bubbles.

Later edit: I bet the 1 diet choice should be interpreted as "includes but not limited to" where some ships have wider choices.

Edited by dumbth

1 hour ago, dumbth said:

I am considering the "adult (and teen) soda package", in case anyone has knowledge of it. Looks like they only have one diet flavor, which may get pretty tiresome but I am addicted to bubbles.

Later edit: I bet the 1 diet choice should be interpreted as "includes but not limited to" where some ships have wider choices.

NCL sells Pepsi products. You get Diet Pepsi. Some bars will have Diet Sierra Mist. You can always get plain soda water. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

i cruise with my father and he is a teetotaler.  if a was to get a drink package i would have to buy one for each of us; his going unused. i really wish ncl would provide a booze/coffee split option for cases like us.

1 hour ago, MSUjohn said:

i cruise with my father and he is a teetotaler.  if a was to get a drink package i would have to buy one for each of us; his going unused. i really wish ncl would provide a booze/coffee split option for cases like us.

Unfortunately, for every honest person (your case) there would be dozens of dishonest people who would pay for one and then share for two. That's probably why when guests 1&2 get the promo PBP, all other drinking age adults in the stateroom have to get the promo and pay the promo service charge.

• Like 1