Price drop repricing

drsel

Oct 11 is sold out on the cruise website I contacted. Oct 4 was also sold out, but must have had some cancellations and reopened. I tried to book them as a b2b. Agent says all scheduled still to sail, just sold out status.

Carnival didn't just raise $500 in equity. It also sold $1.75 billion in convertible notes and raised a better-than-expected $4 billion in secured bonds yielding nearly 12%.

With $6.25 billion raised, Carnival has enough liquidity to get through this interruption

It remains to be seen where consumer appetite for cruising will stand when ships start sailing again, but Carnival now has the money it needs to get to that point.

It had to suffer a lot of dilution through the discounted stock and convertibles -- and that 12% yield is going to be a bear in this environment -- but hey, it's safe to book a Carnival cruise for next year now

5 hours ago, drsel said:

With $6.25 billion raised, Carnival has enough liquidity to get through this interruption

It remains to be seen where consumer appetite for cruising will stand when ships start sailing again, but Carnival now has the money it needs to get to that point.

They've been secure since April. Donald stated that in multiple interviews. They secured private-sector loans at the time to keep them going until the end of the year, at least, if the shutdown happened to last that long.

Demand is high, that's why people are seeing cruise fares on the rise. On the day Carnival had made their announcement to return on Aug. 1st, bookings for August alone went through the roof. Over a period of three days, they increased 200% compared to the same three days last year. Obviously, at the time, no one knew August wouldn't happen (to include the "fortune tellers" on this forum), but it was a clear sign that people are ready. Bookings for 2021 are doing very good, too.

5 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

They've been secure since April. Donald stated that in multiple interviews. They secured private-sector loans at the time to keep them going until the end of the year, at least, if the shutdown happened to last that long.

Demand is high, that's why people are seeing cruise fares on the rise. On the day Carnival had made their announcement to return on Aug. 1st, bookings for August alone went through the roof. Over a period of three days, they increased 200% compared to the same three days last year. Obviously, at the time, no one knew August wouldn't happen (to include the "fortune tellers" on this forum), but it was a clear sign that people are ready. Bookings for 2021 are doing very good, too.

I believe if you go back and look at my history everything I said has been true.  At some point you could stop bashing everyone who has been right since March.  I am guessing by your history that is not going to happen.   It is baffling to me the amount of money people are willing to fork over to a company in such a poor position.  That is why the prices are still high and not dropping.

• Like 1

Then equally baffling would be the amount of money that creditors are willing to lend to them, 6.25 billion dollars!!!

They seem to have a lot of faith in the world's largest cruise line.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

I have a project for you.  Find out the ratio of cruises booked for people using FCC/OBC to those booked for people not using either credit.

Obviously at this point cruise fares are high to balance the use of OBC.  The people at Carnival aren't stupid.

FYI...us "Fortune Tellers" were confident that August wouldn't happen" way before Carnival announced it.  Unlike "delusional thinkers" we use facts to predict reality.

• Like 2

On 7/3/2020 at 9:35 AM, Organized Chaos said:

Every little bit helps, we always say. We matched our 2022 cruise with a sale they had a few weeks ago and we saved $30 per person, plus an additional $50 OBC on top of the $50 we already had.

Yeah, get a new TA. Maybe it'll go down, but there's just as good of a chance, if not better chance, that it goes up and you'll have missed the opportunity. Fares often rise as ships fill up, not to mention with demand being high for the return of cruising, prices are going up. That's part of the service a TA offers, or should be, so if it was me and they didn't want to do it, I wouldn't hesitate to drop them.

I did get a new TA going forward.  Looking back, I probably should have asked the cruiseline to transfer the booking away.

Guess what my Carnival Cruise fare has again gone up.

this time they are offering $100 OBC on a $9 price increase.

so can I ask my agent to again re price it to the higher price and get an extra hundred OBC in addition to the $50 OBC the agent has given me?

It's also mentioned that this fare is only till 3rd August and only for new bookings.

Why does Carnival keep changing the fares almost every second or third day ?

Is this a normal occurrence or something extra ordinary due to the virus?

Which are the cruise lines fluctuate their prices like this?

MSC and Costa have rocksteady prices for months on end

My agent said that Carnival can do only one price change as a one time exception for a particular Cruze.

any further or future price drops / change over the next 12 months will not be honoured by Carnival