Moving reservation to a "place holder"??

39august

If I move a reservation to another date, am I correct that I can then move that reservation to a different date (when they become available) and retain my original low deposit and OBC for booking while on board?( This is NOT lift and shift.)  This is how it worked on RCI which we cruised for many years until we discovered Celebrity.  I am looking for the 2022 fall dates which will not be available until probably Dec. of this year.  So thinking of moving a Nov. reservation as far out as I can which is now April 2022. 

It has been my experience that the only things that really transfer are booking bonus and deposit levels that you obtained by booking on-board.  You book at current rates when ever you switch.  In order to maintain your benefits you need to keep the original reservation number.

Yes that's the smart thing to do with a book on board booking rather than cancelling.   Even if it's a NRD I believe right now they are waiving the $100 pp admin fee for changing sailings but you might want to check on that as that would be a consideration for me.

But if it is a NRD you would have to expect to be charged the $100 pp when you go to move it the next time so still might not make sense for a NRD.

Edited by wrk2cruise

Thanks. It is not an NRD. I know I need to transfer the reservation number, not cancel. So it seems my assumption is correct. I keep the reduced deposit and the OBC for booking on board.

• Like 1

Only reason you wouldn't keep the reduced deposit is if you move to a group rate with a TA.  Celebrity requires full deposit on group bookings, but since you are just doing a placeholder that won't be an issue.

Yes, we have done this a number of times and have kept the OBC for booking onboard and low deposit (unless as wrk2cruise points out we moved to a group rate). The one thing you do lose is any perks attached to the booking - you will only receive the perks that are currently being offered on the new sailing.