FCC - Mixing and Expiry Questions

Sorry, yet more questions about future cruise credits...but these are complicated.

We have 3 FCCs (slightly different terms) and 3 cruises booked 2021 and 1 booked 2022.  Same passengers on the FCCs and the bookings.

1. I know that you can only apply one FCC per cruise, but can you mix them?  Because of KSF, we had my daughter's FCC applied to one cruise and the rest of ours applied to another cruise.  When the cruise with my daughter's FCC was cancelled, they apparently re-issued it with the same terms, meaning we have to apply it by Aug of this year.  When the cruise with the rest of our FCCs was cancelled, they said they will be re-issuing the original FCC and will extend the expiry so we must apply it by Dec of this year.  So say for our March 2021 cruise, can we apply my daughter's FCC that expires in Aug, and then use one of our other FCCs for the rest of us?  Or does the FCC that we apply have to all be from the same original cruise?
  2. Our FCCs have different terms.  What happens if we apply my daughter's FCC with a "use by" expiration of Aug to say March 2021.  And then things aren't looking good and we cancel the cruise before final payment?  Do we lose that FCC since its expiry was back in Aug?  Or would it get re-issued with a new "use by" date?
  3. Same question as #2, but what if we pay final payment and then Royal cancels under cruise with confidence?
  4. What happens if we apply the FCC with the "use by" Aug to a March cruise, and then later this year, we end up switching rooms?  Can we have that FCC applied to the new room even though it is after Aug?   I always price watch for better room categories.
Edited by LuCruise

If you redeem the FCCs using their online portal, it only asks you to key in the individual FCC certificate number, so I would presume that you could use individual FCCs from different cancelled cruises as long as you don't put in more certificate numbers than the number of passengers on the booking, and the passenger listed on the booking matches the passenger for whom the certificate was issued.

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

If you redeem the FCCs using their online portal, it only asks you to key in the individual FCC certificate number, so I would presume that you could use individual FCCs from different cancelled cruises as long as you don't put in more certificate numbers than the number of passengers on the booking, and the passenger listed on the booking matches the passenger for whom the certificate was issued.

Perfect thanks.  That answers my first question then.

6 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Sorry, yet more questions about future cruise credits...but these are complicated.

We have 3 FCCs (slightly different terms) and 3 cruises booked 2021 and 1 booked 2022.  Same passengers on the FCCs and the bookings.

1. I know that you can only apply one FCC per cruise, but can you mix them?  Because of KSF, we had my daughter's FCC applied to one cruise and the rest of ours applied to another cruise.  When the cruise with my daughter's FCC was cancelled, they apparently re-issued it with the same terms, meaning we have to apply it by Aug of this year.  When the cruise with the rest of our FCCs was cancelled, they said they will be re-issuing the original FCC and will extend the expiry so we must apply it by Dec of this year.  So say for our March 2021 cruise, can we apply my daughter's FCC that expires in Aug, and then use one of our other FCCs for the rest of us?  Or does the FCC that we apply have to all be from the same original cruise?
  2. Our FCCs have different terms.  What happens if we apply my daughter's FCC with a "use by" expiration of Aug to say March 2021.  And then things aren't looking good and we cancel the cruise before final payment?  Do we lose that FCC since its expiry was back in Aug?  Or would it get re-issued with a new "use by" date?
  3. Same question as #2, but what if we pay final payment and then Royal cancels under cruise with confidence?
  4. What happens if we apply the FCC with the "use by" Aug to a March cruise, and then later this year, we end up switching rooms?  Can we have that FCC applied to the new room even though it is after Aug?   I always price watch for better room categories.

Cruises cancelled either by Riyal or by you under CWC that have a FCC applied will have it reissued with an expiry date of Dec 31 2021 or 12 months from the date of cancellation whichever is further .

the FCC is applied to the reservation not the room. 

1 hour ago, LuCruise said:

Perfect thanks.  That answers my first question then.

Your third question actually happened to us. We had paid in full (early) for a May 2020 cruise, and since we were well past the final payment date (mid-February) we decided to hold off cancelling in case RCL cancelled it. When the suspension of cruising order from the CDC went into effect in mid-March, RCL cancelled it along with everything through the end of June. We received a full refund of all monies paid, including the NRD amount.

Edited by orville99

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Cruises cancelled either by Riyal or by you under CWC that have a FCC applied will have it reissued with an expiry date of Dec 31 2021 or 12 months from the date of cancellation whichever is further .

the FCC is applied to the reservation not the room. 

Great so if we apply the Aug expiry one now to March, and then say in December we decide to cancel and get our refund.  Then that Aug FCC will be re-issued with March 2022.  Not bad.  Thanks for explaining.

1 minute ago, LuCruise said:

Great so if we apply the Aug expiry one now to March, and then say in December we decide to cancel and get our refund.  Then that Aug FCC will be re-issued with March 2022.  Not bad.  Thanks for explaining.

It gets reissued from the date you cancel not the date that the cruise was set to go so yours would expire in Dec 2021 if you cancelled in Dec  2020

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It gets reissued from the date you cancel not the date that the cruise was set to go so yours would expire in Dec 2021 if you cancelled in Dec  2020

Got it.  Thanks!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Your third question actually happened to us. We had paid in full (early) for a May 2020 cruise, and since we were well past the final payment date (mid-February) we decided to hold off cancelling in case RCL cancelled it. When the suspension of cruising order from the CDC went into effect in mid-March, RCL cancelled it along with everything through the end of June. We received a full refund of all monies paid, including the NRD amount.

Good that you were refunded all...and then as per Ken, you must have gotten the FCC re-issued with new expiry.

1 hour ago, LuCruise said:

Good that you were refunded all...and then as per Ken, you must have gotten the FCC re-issued with new expiry.

We actually received the full cost of the cruise (including 100% of the Non Refundable deposit amount) as a refund. There was no FCC.

• Like 1