Live From Ponant: Sailing on An Expedition Ship In France -- Masks And All

Host Jazzbeau

On 7/15/2020 at 1:49 PM, schnapperin said:

Should pick up when France is on summer break in August. But I wonder if the Covid19 test is keeping people from booking, 48 hours before embarking & travel to port seems a logistic nightmare. 

Imagine trying to arrange a test in another country when you get there before boarding. When you are travelling from Australia to anywhere it would have to be done when you get to your destination. It would be a nightmare.

Christine

2 hours ago, ninthisland said:

I don’t think oversea travel are a target at the moment - we will see how it progress on the next weeks and months.

airports here over the test with results after 3-5 hours, so that would be possible before departing around Europe

Good for them for being first but I hope they continue to refine their protocols because there were a few things that bothered me and would make me hesitate: first of all, my husband works in a hospital and they don’t believe that a face shield alone is sufficient, even in a non-medical environment. Also, the photo of the unmasked crew being introduced on deck, yes, it’s outside, but they are not standing far enough apart, even if they have all been recently tested. I suppose the “bubble” concept would work for some, but we like to get out and really explore on our own. However, all that being said, thank you Ponant for taking the leap and finding a way and giving us all hope that we will be back cruising in the next few years!