what if there was an already approved drug that could reduce Covid 19 severity to that of a common cold?

ontheweb

• 2 weeks later...

The reason for hope is that even if not eradicated, the virus only spreads when given an opportunity to do so. Once resources are allocated to mass production and free distribution of masks that protect the wearer (i.e., N95 to N100), we could reduce infection rates drastically and enjoy many activities currently off limits. Current mask mandates are a minimal measure at best because they only require masks that help reduce, but do not prevent, spread from a wearer. 

Of course, there are people who won't wear those masks, either. That is a reason for despair! 

All of life involves balancing, doesn't it?

41 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

allocated to mass production

I  was reading something yesterday about building new production centers and that it takes five years. That these facilities are 10X more sterile than an operating room.. But existing ones can be added on to. Has the US govt. done anything?

@clo I haven't heard much about anything except maybe some new contracts, and that 3M has really ramped up production. 

We have several N95s I bought over the past six years for using to avoid dust when I drive my tractor, so we can use those during our 1 to 2 hrs shopping each week. Makes me feel pretty safe. They will be getting kind of gamey eventually, though!