July 23 update on cancellations just announced

evandbob

• 2 weeks later...

Still wondering about all the cancellations.   Was/am scheduled on the 3/13/21 sailing of the Magic and to date have not received a cancellation email.    I checked carnival.com this morning and it still shows the booking active.  I also just tried to book that cruise and stopped right before I confirmed, so it is still letting people book.  Anyone else in this same situation?

Edited by KeithsKelly
Morning, not evening, lol

3 hours ago, KeithsKelly said:

Still wondering about all the cancellations.   Was/am scheduled on the 3/13/21 sailing of the Magic and to date have not received a cancellation email.    I checked carnival.com this morning and it still shows the booking active.  I also just tried to book that cruise and stopped right before I confirmed, so it is still letting people book.  Anyone else in this same situation?

I am confused, but that happens easily.

The 23 July update from Carnival says the following about cancellations for Magic (which admittedly is different from what was copied into the second post of this thread):

• Carnival Magic Ft. Lauderdale and Miami sailings through and including September 30, 2020
  • Carnival Magic Transatlantic & Barcelona sailings April 10, 2021 through and including May 3, 2021

So your cruise is still scheduled.  It is a Southern Carib itin out of Miami now - it was originally FLL, IIRC.

Maybe there was a glitch in the info posted at the top of this thread?

On 7/23/2020 at 11:44 AM, Honolulu Blue said:

As far as I know, they are.  I have heard some reports of people calling customer service or their PVPs and moving their final due date back a few days or moving the full amount of their payments (with no penalty) to another cruise.

This is correct.  We moved our October 2020 cruise payment over to a 2021 cruise with no penalty.  CCL is allowing that to be done for Oct/Nov/Dec 2020 cruises. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I am confused, but that happens easily.

The 23 July update from Carnival says the following about cancellations for Magic (which admittedly is different from what was copied into the second post of this thread):

• Carnival Magic Ft. Lauderdale and Miami sailings through and including September 30, 2020
  • Carnival Magic Transatlantic & Barcelona sailings April 10, 2021 through and including May 3, 2021

So your cruise is still scheduled.  It is a Southern Carib itin out of Miami now - it was originally FLL, IIRC.

Maybe there was a glitch in the info posted at the top of this thread?

Thanks so much for your response!  Everything I have read shows the other dates that were included at the beginning of this post.  I appreciate the info!

Guys I know that we all really miss our Carnival cruises. My family tradition of Summer Cruising has been painful as this was the first year that we have missed our "Family Reunion Cruises" in over 15 years. 

I also am reading the "anxiousness" in many of your writings. Let's please remember "Patience" is the best medicine right now. Let's allow Carnival and the Medical Experts to get it right. We will be cruising again!!!