Ready to cruise again

geckoaz

I just put a deposit on a Carnival March 13th 2021 cruise.  I am hoping that was far enough out to be OK.

After reading so posts here I am wondering if that is even far enough away now.  Final payment is Dec so I will wait it out for now. Fingers crossed.
Don't worry, even if Carnival cancels, they will give you an extra $600 free.
I don't think that policy will change so soon.

We are booked on two cruises in 2021:  Brilliance of the Seas in July (iffy at best), and, the one we are really fondly anticipating, Mardi Gras for New Years, Dec. 2021, both with our Cruise Family.  That is the one we feel will most likely happen.  We are so sad to be missing the New Year celebration this year - we really wanted to celebrate putting 2020 behind us!  What a year.  We have all sailed together for New Years (and others) since 2003.

18 hours ago, drsel said:

Genie be happy and don't worry.
I am positive that both the cruises will take place as scheduled. Enjoy your cruises. both are fabulous ships

What do you know that everyone else doesn’t know? I am not saying you are definitely wrong,  but I have not seen anything to indicate you are right. 

37 minutes ago, drsel said:
2 hours ago, fyree39 said:
The only cruise I feel is a sure thing is my August '22 booking. The other two are iffy.

If Cruise ship don't sail till June 2022, they will be out of business

This is my thought/worry exactly. I have a June 2021 cruise booked. It seems that they MUST sail by then or they will be bankrupt. But, if they DO go bankrupt, I've lost my money, right? So, I honestly don't know when to pull the plug and cut my losses. I will lose money if I cancel before they do. But, by the time they cancel Summer 2021 cruises...will there be any money left to refund those of us with 2021 cruises? I would be willing to push it as far forward as necessary if there was a guarantee that EVENTUALLY I would sail. Just not feeling too confident.

3 hours ago, drsel said:
4 hours ago, fyree39 said:
The only cruise I feel is a sure thing is my August '22 booking. The other two are iffy.

If Cruise ship don't sail till June 2022, they will be out of business

They will start sailing this Autumn. I mean yes, they cant be waiting any longer. People are also starting to move away from cruising as one of their vacation plans. Noone wants to lose clients and potential benefits and profits. I really doubt it will last another quarter this year 

We have until the end of this year to book and up until the end of 2021 to sail with a free cruise offer.  Gonna wait until the last minute to book and possibly book for a May cruise.  We last sailed in February and had a b2b that we were to sail next month.