FCC and Deposit

Charlie1422

We just booked a cruise for 2021 through our TA using FCC. The cruise fare was the same, but the TA said Carnival required a new deposit. She said the original deposit would be applied to the balance. Is this normal or did I get ripped off. She said I would get my original $200. OBC plus the $600 for the cancelled cruise on Breeze (not due to Covid). I paid it but I have a very uneasy feeling about this. Anyone have the same thing happen?

There appears to be no rhyme or reason as to how Carnival does things.  I am still mystified as to how they processed the cancelled cruise I rebooked.   See the link to the post I made in another thread.   The amount I paid was not for a new deposit. They never even mentioned I had to make a new deposit.  Somehow a mystery $197.95 I had to pay which  I could pay before final payment with the $254.95 gift card they were sending me.   The remaining $57 would be the difference between the old and new cruise.

9 minutes ago, mrpayroll said:

We booked two new cruises for late next year and were charged new deposits also.Given the same reason.

We have had a Mardi Gras cruise cancelled, rebooked a Horizon Cruise, had that cancelled. Rebooked the Horizon for February 2021. Never have been asked for a deposit. The rebooking rules might have changed but I have not seen it. I would call Carnival and ask.

1 hour ago, Charlie1422 said:

We just booked a cruise for 2021 through our TA using FCC. The cruise fare was the same, but the TA said Carnival required a new deposit. She said the original deposit would be applied to the balance. Is this normal or did I get ripped off. She said I would get my original $200. OBC plus the $600 for the cancelled cruise on Breeze (not due to Covid). I paid it but I have a very uneasy feeling about this. Anyone have the same thing happen?

Yes this happened to me as well my deposit at the time was 198$ I paid an additional 200$ so the refunded me my 200$ and the 198$ was applied to my balance. I checked my cruise manager and I see my 600$ OBC

13 hours ago, Charlie1422 said:

My ta moved everything from my cancelled cruise to new cruise even taxes and fees. However he said I had to pay the new port fees and taxes of $98 while it transferred over. So i didn't pay the full deposit but I paid new taxes and fees. Took a few days for old fcc and taxes and fees to transfer to new booking.

Edited by firefly333

I honestly think that it depends on how much your FCC is.  It sounds like you booked under a reduced deposit sale, so I would really expect Carnival to require a full deposit to rebook.  I, personally, had more in FCC than the total cost of my new cruise, so no additional deposit required.

On 7/28/2020 at 6:49 PM, skrufy said:

We have had a Mardi Gras cruise cancelled, rebooked a Horizon Cruise, had that cancelled. Rebooked the Horizon for February 2021. Never have been asked for a deposit. The rebooking rules might have changed but I have not seen it. I would call Carnival and ask.

We had a cruise in May 2020 canceled and used our FCC to book a new one in May 2021, no new deposit and our $600 obc applied. WELP, that May 2021 cruise was just canceled as well... when rebooking for a cruise in March 2021, I got my FCC applied, no deposit BUT was told I only get $600 OBC!! Since this was our second canceled shouldn’t we get $600 EACH?!? 

On 7/28/2020 at 6:49 PM, skrufy said:

Question... were you given $600 OBC for both of those canceled cruises? Since both cruises were canceled by them, and offer for OBC was excepted, should that be $1200 OBC total? 

Edited by we5fullers

16 minutes ago, we5fullers said:

We had a cruise in May 2020 canceled and used our FCC to book a new one in May 2021, no new deposit and our $600 obc applied. WELP, that May 2021 cruise was just canceled as well... when rebooking for a cruise in March 2021, I got my FCC applied, no deposit BUT was told I only get $600 OBC!! Since this was our second canceled shouldn’t we get $600 EACH?!? 

14 minutes ago, we5fullers said:

Question... were you given $600 OBC for both of those canceled cruises? Since both cruises were canceled by them, and offer for OBC was excepted, should that be $1200 OBC total? 

No.  The original $600 OBC from the first cancelled cruise won't carry forward.

• Like 1