What brand of coffee

JOHN 57

41 minutes ago, JOHN 57 said:

I would like to know, what brand of coffee is used aboard the ship

Princess doesn't use Star Bucks.  I believe it's green Mountain, but not sure.

I stopped cruising RCCL because all they serve is Star Bucks and I just don't like that coffee.

26 minutes ago, retrembl said:

I stopped cruising RCCL because all they serve is Star Bucks and I just don't like that coffee.

Well, it isn't Green Mountain. International Cafe/all specialty coffee locations uses whole beans ground on site. The coffee in MDR/Buffets (except Regal/Royal & Newer ships buffet) is a syrup.

18 minutes ago, weedpindle said:

Well, it isn't Green Mountain. International Cafe/all specialty coffee locations uses whole beans ground on site. The coffee in MDR/Buffets (except Regal/Royal & Newer ships buffet) is a syrup.

Thanks for the correction and update. 

RCCL has used Lavazza for quite a few years as their complementary coffee. On a few ships they have a Starbucks that you pay extra for. I don’t know who Princess uses but Green Mountain is Keurig. In my opinion the coffee served on Royal Caribbean is better than on Princess. But that is not saying much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On the Sapphire Princess and other grand class ships the free coffee in the buffet, room service, DR's is prepared from a liquid concentrate. Coffee and espresso at the International Cafe is prepared from whole beans. I don't know the actual brand, but it is an arabica coffee with a normal roast.

Free coffee on Royal class ships is prepared from a ground coffee blend.

AFIK Illy has not been served on board Princess ships unless it was a very long time ago.  This is the coffee brand served in the pay venues on board the Princess ships.

image.png.71dcc39c76d34ec93b12f3c7f51bdceb.png

Edited by hpeabody

12 hours ago, weedpindle said:

The coffee in MDR/Buffets (except Regal/Royal & Newer ships buffet) is a syrup.

The brand is not as important as the quality level.

The syrup suppliers have different levels of quality at different price points. It has been suggested that Princess is not purchasing the highest quality level offered.

John, remember Coffee is very subjective and always in the eyes of the beholder and sometimes the Barista will make a difference.  We know this Barista that makes art out of his coffees and many ladies love him.  Here are a few of his creations and a price list from 2019, just to show you the varieties available. 

C-1  copy.jpg

C-2  copy.jpg

C-3  copy.jpg

turkey  copy.jpg

Coffee--  copy.jpg

Wow!  Those coffees are gorgeous!  We’ve had some excellent baristas on our Princess cruises, but never one that created anything that lovely.  I’d be reluctant to drink it and spoil it.   

On 7/30/2020 at 1:55 PM, retrembl said:

RCCL serves only Star Bucks if you Pay for it.  It is an extra charge

RCCL regular free coffee is very good, 

The only way we cruise Princess and drink that terrible coffee served in Buffet or Dining Room is to buy a coffee card that you can get drip coffee from International cafe.