Cruise cancelled? Spending that elusive refund on another holiday or something special?

Harry Peterson

1 minute ago, emam said:

I will look out for your house opposite Mother SC when we pass. Been last loads of times but never visited, which we have to rectify sometime. I have been told it's nice along the river there.

Lovely walking along the Nidd. 

I have to say, that unless you have some under 10's with you, I'd give the caves a miss and find a pub instead!  

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, wowzz said:

Lovely walking along the Nidd. 

I have to say, that unless you have some under 10's with you, I'd give the caves a miss and find a pub instead!  

I agree with Wowzz M.S. caves are very underwhelming.

We have been past and parked near to the cave's several times, but I haven't fancied visiting them.

Someone told me that the path along the river next to them is a nice walk with a couple of nice cafe's. We usually stay at Ripon and drive through Knaresborough when out and about. The last time we called in and to me it's gone downhill form the first time we visited quite  a few years a go.

6 minutes ago, emam said:

We have been past and parked near to the cave's several times, but I haven't fancied visiting them.

Someone told me that the path along the river next to them is a nice walk with a couple of nice cafe's. We usually stay at Ripon and drive through Knaresborough when out and about. The last time we called in and to me it's gone downhill form the first time we visited quite  a few years a go.

When I was there early last year, there was a lovely 1940s style cafe in Knaresborough. It was in a little courtyard off one of the main streets leading up to the Castle, next to an art gallery.

55 minutes ago, emam said:

The last time we called in and to me it's gone downhill form the first time we visited quite  a few years a go.

I think you can say the same about many places in the UK. I lived in Knaresborough in the late 70s, and in those days it was basically a village. Now it's a small town.  

5 hours ago, Britboys said:

When I was there early last year, there was a lovely 1940s style cafe in Knaresborough. It was in a little courtyard off one of the main streets leading up to the Castle, next to an art gallery.

We went into the courtyard, but not the cafe, unusual for us not to stop for a cuppa. Not sure if it was open at the time.

• Like 1