Late notification from MSC

Happy Cruiser 6143

Nice of MSC to notify us that it has changed our ship and our itinerary for our November 14 cruise.  This notification comes too late for those of us in Yacht Club, since we are past the 120 days to cancel without losing our deposit.  I can only assume from this that MSC does not give a rip about its customers.

• Like 1

We received the same email today. Our December cruise was changed one day, but the same ship. No word if our YC cabin has been changed (cabin #). Have about 4 weeks before final payment to decide if we want to chance that any cruise departs from the U.S. this year. I guess either MSC thinks that they will be sailing in December, or are more than willing to take our money first and cancel the cruise later. What to do??????? Probably will cancel, cannot afford to give MSC a loan if they cancel the cruise.

I got the email too...but the funny thing it is for a cruise that I canceled a while back. Furthermore, I did a CC dispute (and won) already. So no clue why MSC chose today to tell me about a cruise I already canceled and have gotten my $ back for.

I received the email too saying my itinerary was changed, but when I log in to my account, it still shows the same ship and itinerary. I guess I'll check again tomorrow. This is the second change of ship and itinerary for the same cruise in the matter of a few weeks. 

Ive got Oct/Jan/April/Sept booked. I can only guess the Jan 16th on Mera was changed however as others have said it still looks the same. The stateroom changed, that I do know and theres 200$ in the OBC. Dunno. 

I wish they could at least guve you the booking number they are referring to, my god. Its like a easter egg hunt. 

• Haha 1

Same email, same result lol

We were booked on Armonia out of Tampa in mid December for a WEEK and have been moved to Seaside out of PC for 3 DAYS.

Called for a second time about this and was told yet again they are working on it.

Seems like the $250 OBC has evaporated and we already got the OV to balcony "upgrade" so no OBC for that.

We have until mid September to make a decision.

Mind you, $1200 for a week with fantasia experience is compelling.

Edited by quattrohead

11 hours ago, cruiser man 60 said:

In emails we had for any changes MSC said that we had 30 days to decline changes after which time they would assume they would assume acceptance 

Well, my e-mail said this:

While we made the above adjustment to your cruise on your behalf, MSC Cruises USA guests also have the ability to transfer the amount currently paid on their booking to any other ship and sailing in MSC Cruises’ fleet. To make this change, please call MSC Cruises customer care center.

If you prefer a refund of your deposit amount, please reference our normal cancellation policies. All requests for cancellations must be made at least 90 days prior to departure to avoid penalty.

Yacht Club deposits are not refundable after 120 days prior to sailing.

Nice of MSC to notify us that it has changed our ship and our itinerary for our November 14 cruise.  This notification comes too late for those of us in Yacht Club, since we are past the 120 days to cancel without losing our deposit.  I can only assume from this that MSC does not give a rip about its customers.

[emoji23] same here[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

19 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

What are the changes?

18 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

What are the changes?

Briefly, MSC moved the Seaside out of Miami to Port Canaveral and the Megaveliga took over Seaside's Miami itineraries (dropping the Meg's old routes and sail dates). The remaining passengers from both ships are supposedly now combined into one ship. In our case, we just changed departure date by one day to the old Seaside Miami sail date (12/05). No direct word on how they handled the cabin assignments. Since we booked through a TA we can see next to nothing when I log into "my booking" on MSC. The T/A says nothing has changed at least for the cabin assignment (YC). I had already canceled our plane tickets before United discontinued their cancel for any reason for a full refund (or "mileage" in our case).

Not not convinced that any cruise line will be sailing this year from the U.S. We have about 3-4 weeks before they take our money. Decisions, decisions, decisions.......... 

Edited by sptrout

From the US?  Its not going to be sailing anyway.  Then you get your fun fight for a refund.  My advice is to let their stated refund period lapse plus one day and then dispute with your CC company.  Then its only 4 months until your funds are yours again because they wont even respond to the CC company.  That's how much MSC cares about you.