Can MSC OBC be used to pay daily service charge?

Sstn

Just booked my first MSC cruise for 1/29/2021.  MSC (not travel agent) gave me $100 OBC.  Can I apply the OBC toward the daily service charge since I'm unlikely to need it for anything else?

The only service charge you have is in the bars and restaurants (and maybe some additional services). No, you cant use it. In any case, I hope that all these service charge nonsense will go away eventually, cause for some people its hard both to tip and give a service charge. In my opinion its not fair 

There does appear to be an automatically billed daily service charge.  This would be for a Caribbean 7 day sailing booked on MSC's USA website which states:  "MSC Cruises will automatically add a daily Hotel Service Charge to your shipboard account, based on your chosen itinerary and the number of days for which the services are actually provided. "  For my sailing it's $12.50/day which I'd like to cover with my $100 OBC, if permitted.

30 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

The only service charge you have is in the bars and restaurants (and maybe some additional services). No, you cant use it. In any case, I hope that all these service charge nonsense will go away eventually, cause for some people its hard both to tip and give a service charge. In my opinion its not fair 

It is stated not to tip and pay DSC. People who wish to reward individuals often do though.

There's no service charge for included restaurants, only speciality and only on drinks if you've not got a drinks package and on some additional services. 

OBC can be used for DSC of its billed to your account separately. 

Edited by CruisingFox27