Question Regarding Adding Someone

Dingawing

I have an upcoming cruise in February 2021 and when i made the reservation my girlfriend said she couldn't go.  (i am taking my dad and his girlfriend on this cruise)  So I went and booked this cruise as a single for my room.  Now she is saying that she can go.  Is it possible to add a 2nd person to my room?  I am in a balcony so there is room, and I have until October 2020 to make the final payment.  Just wondering what the process is and if it can be done.

Thanks

It can usually be done but even though your stateroom has capacity, if the lifeboat capacity of your section has been reached, the other person cannot be added. 

Add her as soon as possible.

What most people do is add the "iffy" people when booking then just remove them if needed before final payment date. 

You should have no difficulty with getting your girlfriend in your cabin with respect to the life boat capacity issue.

Expect that there will limitations on the ships capacity to maintain spacing but certainly not anything to do with

life boat. With fewer limited guests onboard if that is the game plan the life boat capacity still remains the same.

Only additional expenses to expect would be the port fees and taxes for adding the second guest.

The cabin is already booked for double occupancy.

Glad your girlfriend changed her mind - - -

Now pray the virus has subsided and been curtailed so the cruise can/will take place.

18 hours ago, complawyer said:

you can add or subtract any person to a reservation as long as the stateroom can hold the required amount of passengers , and you change the reservation before the final payment is due

It is not about "if the stateroom can hold"  the number of people.      There have been cases-   where overall  - section,  capacity is full and nobody can be added.    I have personally experienced this.    

I read the title as “REGRETTING Adding Someone.”  I just thought that would be unfortunate.  No advice on the ADDING, but it’s nice that she can go.  Surely given what’s going on the lifeboat capacity will be fine.

On 8/13/2020 at 12:36 AM, complawyer said:

you can add or subtract any person to a reservation as long as the stateroom can hold the required amount of passengers , and you change the reservation before the final payment is due

As stated by numerous people.....stateroom capacity is part of the equation but the lifeboat capacity for that assigned muster station is equally important in capacity.