NCL raising money on their own?

Pcardad

Not sure On the journalism but if NCL is looking for more financing they must believe that they need more Capital to stay afloat for a longer period of time than originally estimated and/or expect revenue streams to be lower than anticipated over the near term.

Yahoo picked up the same story, but it does seem based on a press release from the BSX.  I'm sure you both checked NCLH's investor relations page, as I did, and didn't see a reference, unless I missed something,  for the parent or any of the subs.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bermuda-stock-exchange-parent-company-123000124.html

And here's BSX's release

https://www.bsx.com/news_articles.php?ArticleID=1100799553

A little curious, to be sure.

That said, RCL secured a "$700 million term loan facility from Morgan Stanley" yesterday. 

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/royal-caribbean-rcl-boosts-liquidity-with-new-%24700m-loan-2020-08-13

A big day for cruise lines to shore up financing to ride out even a longer no sail period? 

From reading the BSX Press Release and the description of the debt, appears to me to be the debt already identified over the past few months on annual US Stock Market accounts. Just NCLH listing on the Bermuda Exchange.  May be the prelude to moving out of the NYSE but, that is a Wild Ass Guess (WAG).

rallydave: 

Just-musing as to WAG.  For Military:  the term I recall is SWAG.  The S is for "Scientific". 

PS:  Still-hoping next April-May Explorer's Tokyo-Vancouver, B.C. segment will be a go.   But, my SWAG is that an effective, and widely-available vaccine will not-yet be enough of a reality to allow such.  That would make us Zero for Four as to canceled ocean or river cruises, a hitless streak which began on March 13th at San Diego with cancelation of the Splendor segment to Miami. 

Oh, well.

GOARMY!

4 minutes ago, GOARMY said:

Just-musing as to WAG.  For Military:  the term I recall is SWAG.  The S is for "Scientific". 

After many years as an Air Force and NASA Contractor many similarities with many Government  Agencies.

We used SWAG (Super or Scientific Wild Ass Guess)as well as WAG depending on the confidence of the guess.  Many other estimating terms depending.   ROM is another Rough Order of Magnitude, etc.

All:  In the interests of comity and decorum--(and before the Administrator sanctions all of us)

Will not provide read-outs on either SNAFU (which goes back to WWII, at-least; or fubar.  Let imaginations run wild. 

Take care, and Mask Up!

GOARMY!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, rallydave said:

After many years as an Air Force and NASA Contractor many similarities with many Government  Agencies.

We used SWAG (Super or Scientific Wild Ass Guess)as well as WAG depending on the confidence of the guess.  Many other estimating terms depending.   ROM is another Rough Order of Magnitude, etc.

Hello again, Dave!  In my 38 years of Navy/Government, I can't begin to tell you how much S -  - I - T I had to sit through..."Special High Intensity Training"!

think Carnival Corp has also joined the financing moves group yesterday.  This looks new to me, but not sure.  

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/carnival-corporation-plc-announces-pricing-900-million-second

And, still not seeing anything new on NCL and Bermuda stock exchange listing other than the original stories.  I guess I thought NCL might say something, or maybe I missed it.

Edited by greykitty