SUMMIT ~ Aqua Class vs Concierge Class

Je Souhaite

On 8/15/2020 at 7:38 AM, terrydtx said:

For us AQUA class is the only way to go with Celebrity other than a suite. Major advantage is the exclusive use of the Blu dinning room for breakfast and dinner. Much smaller venue and more intimate than the huge masses in the MDR.

We've only ever done AQ once, but plan to continue with it. We absolutely loved eating in Blu and nearly always had a table at the window. The only thing I'd have to say about it is the dinner portions were sometimes just a bit smaller than what I might have preferred but, hey, most of us eat too much on a cruise anyway. It was quiet and relaxing. The iced tea that showed up in the room every day was great as well. The balcony overhang that is mentioned frequently really didn't bother me at all. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

On 8/15/2020 at 6:48 AM, Je Souhaite said:

What are the advantages / differences between these two classes.

Are there any disadvantages to the Aqua class other than most cabins being under the hangover?

C26A0910-CEF5-4B34-83B8-F7FF8C489AE3.jpeg

@Je Souhaite - this won't answer all your questions, but a few of your concerns about Aqua Class.

We book Aqua class on Summit solely for the deck 11 rooms.  Haven't done the aft-facing, and I don't think I would with the Sunset Bar having bacon strips instead of a proper canopy.  Those balconies look very exposed.  

Blu? Not a fan.  It's good, but we wouldn't pay more for it and we've not been impressed by the "fresh" menu in general.  I've actually ordered MDR dishes in Blu.   

On 8/15/2020 at 3:09 PM, wrk2cruise said:

On Summit I have to disagree both Concierge and Aqua cabins are larger than other balcony cabins to me the extra square footage is worth paying more.  Also some Aqua cabins on deck 9 are less desirable than some Concierge cabins due to location.

+agree. We originally book verandas, but after final payment usually the rate of concierge goes down, and we're able to upgrade for free. Enjoyed the extra space and having a concierge for printing our boarding passes.

We're already "Elite", so the "extra" points are not of interest for us. Blu also - we like eating at the buffet 😁