Cabin Advice-8022

katz

Has anyone stayed in an adjoining cabin on Sirena?  We took the last cabin (8022), but asked to be waitlisted.  All other categories we ae interested in are waitlisted.  We had a bad experience in an adjoining cabin on a Princess ship. We could clearly hear the occupants' conversations and what they were watching on TV.     I would like to know how much noise comes  through the door.  

Thank you!!

3 hours ago, katz said:

Has anyone stayed in an adjoining cabin on Sirena?  We took the last cabin (8022), but asked to be waitlisted.  All other categories we ae interested in are waitlisted.  We had a bad experience in an adjoining cabin on a Princess ship. We could clearly hear the occupants' conversations and what they were watching on TV.     I would like to know how much noise comes  through the door.  

Thank you!!

I've been over this situation often enough to realize that people who suspect that there will be a noise problem always end up having an issue with the noise.  

Do yourself a favor, and change cabins.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Katz—-My husband and I love the Sirena and her “sister” ships and have sailed hem many times.  We always sail in Ph rooms and have NEVER had any noise issues from adjoining cabins.  We’ve been in adjoining cabins as well as non-adjoining cabins and have found no difference.  

Enjoy your cruise,

Billie 

I don't think we've ever been in an adjoining cabin -- just because I never checked to see if we were -- but the only noise I ever heard on any of the ships was perhaps a toilet flushing.  We could live with that!

Thank you for your replies.  The adjoining cabin was the only one left in the category we wanted.  I am on the waitlist to change to another cabin.  Hopefully, one will become available, if we actually sail in August '21.

We experienced an adjoining cabin once, and don't want to do it again.

• 2 weeks later...

Ships are different.  Some ships have soundproofing that work.  We have had adjoining cabins on a variety of ships.  If you hear noise, ask the cabin steward to block it. They can tape the cracks or some will cover the door.  While a non adjacent cabin is preferred, a noisy cabin can have noise blocked.  If they cannot get your cabin quiet, they will move you.  There are always solutions.  The worst noise we ever had was when we had a cabin above a lounge.  The music at night came through the floor.  It stopped before we turned in at night.  People next to us complained and were relocated.  Try to book a cabin on a deck in between 2 passenger cabin decks.  If you are sensitive to noise, bring earplugs.

Thanks Redtravel.  I am hoping by the time we sail (Aug '21), we will be able to change cabins.  We are on the Waitlist, with fingers crossed.  All levels of the category we like are waitlisted now.  When I booked I had a choice of four adjoinings or one obstructed view.  We had an adjoining cabin on a Princess cruise once, and I swore never again.  The steward tried to block the noise through the door, but it didn't work at all.  

Thanks for your thoughts.

Thanks for your thoughts.