Where in the world ?

Host Hattie

40 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Here's another image from my webcam archives showing QM2 arriving at port. Let's try this without any hints first. There are several features in the image that someone may recognize or which could otherwise assist in identifying this port.

image.thumb.png.cc841b16db53b8d18725b075fa38465c.png

Yep. I recognise that one.

Sydney Harbour.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Colin_Cameron said:

Yep. I recognise that one.

Sydney Harbour.

That is correct. If no one had been able to get it, the hint I was going to give would have been a photo of Sydney, Nova Scotia from a cruise I took on another line. But that clearly wasn't necessary.

Edited by bluemarble

5 minutes ago, david,Mississauga said:

Yes, Hattie, it is. Perhaps I should have posted a photo without Theodore the tugboat.

I was in Halifax for the inaugural arrival of the QM2 in 2004 and took a lot of video. I must have taken some still shots but can't find them.

I must admit I wasn't familiar with Theodore the tugboat until today but he was a good clue !

On 9/4/2020 at 4:31 PM, Lanky Lad said:

I am pretty sure almost all of us will have been to this port.  But this is an odd view. 

where.jpg

5 hours ago, Colin_Cameron said:

While we wait for a location for the Cunard Princess photo, here's another oldie. Ship and location please.

007.jpg

1 hour ago, Colin_Cameron said:

I don't have a decent photo of this ship in port. So basically just name the ship.

009.jpg

I've checked back half a dozen pages and I think these are the only unsolved ones. Apologies if I've missed someone else's.

And I'm going to guess Southampton for Lanky Lad's QM2 photo.

11 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel now ....

IMG_20191118_153754.jpg

That yellow flag looks like it's a match to the flag of Flanders. Naturally that helped me to zero in on one particular port since Cunard only calls at one Flemish port. Then I found a match to that red sign in the middle of the picture that's pointing to various destinations around the world. From other scenes I've found, the blue flag to the right of the traffic light is an EU flag, the flag hidden by the traffic light is the flag of Belgium, and the flag on the left is (... wait for it ...) the flag of the Port of Zeebrugge.

Looks to me like this one is also Zeebrugge, Belgium. 😉

• Like 1