Picture from the first ship you ever sailed on

Germancruiser

Like others on this thread, our first cruise was the unique SS Norway, in1997.  Skeet shooting off the fantail LOL!   The cruise was a gift from my son as a thank you for getting him through college.  I took my sister along, and we were hooked and have gone nearly every year since.  

norway from tender (1).jpg

skeet.JPG

• Like 2

That photo of skeet shooting got me looking through my old photos to see if I could find a similar photo when I was skeet shooting off the Royal Majesty, I think in 1996.  If I remember correctly, Royal Majesty had a shooting platform high up, midships, but I do not have a photo of it.  While looking through my old photos, I did find a photo of Royal Majesty docked in Nassau.  I posted an internet news photo of Royal Majesty earlier in this thread on page 2, while she was aground off of Nantucket, and here is the photo I found of her in Nassau.  What is the larger ship behind and to the right of Royal Majesty?RoyalMajestyInNassau.thumb.jpg.b0b7fe68faa40a0a3e472433640ecd2f.jpg

• Like 1

Just one more picture..here is the first cruise that my husband & I went on together, Nordic Prince -7nt sailing from NY to Bermuda in 1991. We had to leave Bermuda earlier than scheduled due to a hurricane heading our way. I told my husband there would be a little motion. It was rocking . 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 10:53 AM, gerelmx said:

My first cruise July 1996

https://cruceroadicto.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/026-Postal-oficial-del-Nordic-Empress-de-Royal-Caribbean-e1337817346482.jpg

We were on the Nordic Empress  to Bermuda for our second-ever cruise in 1985. Our first cruise was in 1984 on the Song of Norway, sister ship to the Nordic Empress. We loved every minute of those cruises on what are now considered extremely small ships. One swimming pool, one restaurant.. viking crown lounge..good memories!

• Like 1

On 8/28/2020 at 2:46 PM, Brerpossum said:

Correction to above.....

Our first cruise was 1994 on the Dolphin line “Seabreeze”, what a cruise.  The food was excellent, and the wait staff taught us the proper use of the silverware.  We had an ocean view room, being a port hole that you unscrewed the two bottom bolts and swung the window upward.  Oh, I can still remember that ocean sound going to sleep.  Seven night eastern and western Caribbean cruises.

Last cruise was a 15 N Hawaii in the Eclipse in 2019.
Loved it so much we returned for another, and then we were hooked.
Jerry

Sailed on her twice, nice ship. The first time in 1992 they had a comedian who was absolutely hilarious, he was so good the Entertainment dept brought him back for another performance on the last Formal Night, standing room only.

I do agree, for a budget cruise line, the food was very good.

On 9/2/2020 at 3:15 PM, vintagegarage said:

That photo of skeet shooting got me looking through my old photos to see if I could find a similar photo when I was skeet shooting off the Royal Majesty...

My wife excelled at skeet shooting on Carnival’s Mardi Gras during our cruise in 1992. I learned never to argue with a lady who held a loaded shotgun...

• Haha 1