2021 World Cruise Canceled!

LACruiser88

39 minutes ago, Travlin grrl said:

Sorry : ( I think it's most countries not letting passengers in maybe.

Try for the following year. I think there would be less uncertainty and everyone will be more confident then. 

Yes, I understand the reasoning.  I'm just frustrated with this whole mess and can't wait for things to go back to normal... 

@LACruiser88  I feel your pain as this was to be our 1st world cruise. Had our choice stateroom and was so excited by the itinerary. We reluctantly signed up for 2022 with an inferior room at a much higher price and hate that some of the great ports have been dropped. Hard to cry over being lucky enough to even be able to consider this cruise and still have our health to boot!

Just look forward to "Next"....

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, paradiselivin1 said:

@LACruiser88  I feel your pain as this was to be our 1st world cruise. Had our choice stateroom and was so excited by the itinerary. We reluctantly signed up for 2022 with an inferior room at a much higher price and hate that some of the great ports have been dropped. Hard to cry over being lucky enough to even be able to consider this cruise and still have our health to boot!

Just look forward to "Next"....

Unfortunately, we are booked on the Discovery, Jan 6th (2022) for the 50 day, Ft Lauderdale to Los Angeles.  This is an itinerary that we just love!  Our next World cruise will have to wait until 2023.  Hopefully, there will be no new viruses!!!

On 8/27/2020 at 11:02 AM, LACruiser88 said:

Yes, I understand the reasoning.  I'm just frustrated with this whole mess and can't wait for things to go back to normal... 

Oh trust me. I can't wait for things to go back to normal too!! Whatever normal will be. I 'm sure it'll be some changes in travelling but, yes, just having the luxury to travel I miss soooo much. A year of no vacay. My friends always say....oh...first world problems. So happy I did the Med last summer. It was the first cruise I didn't do on Princess. 8 cruises on Princess and last year was first on Holland because I went out of Venice. Have to say I love Princess more. But I'm just now catching up on my review on my blog from last summer. I'm doing a virtual in my head vacation.😃

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, 2 cruises a year said:

It is truly official now.

This morning the Venice to LAX segment we were booked on is gone from our "Upcoming Cruises" and the FCD shows as "Active".  

and yet our Thanksgiving cruise still shows us sailing in 75 days ! 🦄 🍷

• 2 weeks later...

I am booked on the Enchanted Princess sailing from Ft. Lauderdale on 4-3-21 to Rome for 21 days.

On 9-24 I received an email claiming my cruise was cancelled with no explanation.  I called in and support had no real info and did not even seem to be aware of the notice I got.  A few days before that, on 9-21 I got an email showing I was being comped for free internet and unlimited drink package for each of us in our cabin.  Today I checked my booking and my cabin number was changed to "Guaranteed" from my booked balcony a month or so back. 

I cannot find any info on the web of a formal announcement regarding this change, but would love to hear from any others who are on this sailing or know something about ***** is going on.

33 minutes ago, draver said:

I am booked on the Enchanted Princess sailing from Ft. Lauderdale on 4-3-21 to Rome for 21 days.

On 9-24 I received an email claiming my cruise was cancelled with no explanation.  I called in and support had no real info and did not even seem to be aware of the notice I got.  A few days before that, on 9-21 I got an email showing I was being comped for free internet and unlimited drink package for each of us in our cabin.  Today I checked my booking and my cabin number was changed to "Guaranteed" from my booked balcony a month or so back. 

I cannot find any info on the web of a formal announcement regarding this change, but would love to hear from any others who are on this sailing or know something about ***** is going on.

There is already a discussion on the Enchanted sailing cancellation for 4/3/21 entitled  "Enchanted Princess 4/3/2021 Transatlantic cancelled".