Pullout Sofa vs rollaway bed?

mofrances

I’m looking at a 2021 holiday cruise on Explorer (Sydney to Auckland). As it’s a pretty pricey cruise, I was hoping to put three of my adult children in a concierge D cabin, or possibly a penthouse suite. Does anyone know how Regent accommodates this in rooms that do not have designated pullout sofas? The suites with pullouts seem to be unavailable yet Regent website still allows for a 3-person selection so I assume they must use rollaway beds or something? Just curious if anyone has any experience with this and could provide some input. 

Thanks!

I think you need a TA who is an experienced booker....At one time, someone told me that all Regent cabins what have a sofa, accomodate a third whether or not they choose to admit this or not. I have no idea if this is correct or not, however we often travel with a third adult. Ask your TA to communicate with Regent on this....my best advice.

• Like 1

Some concierge suites have a pull out sofa.
PH suites do not have a pull out sofa and only king bed in bedroom. I think it will be very tight with a rollaway. Not really good for three adults.
You are much better off with any of the D, E or F suites. All categories have same layout. Most can become twin beds and some also have pull out sofas to accommodate three adults. 

Edited by Bellaggio Cruisers

The Explorer Penthouse suites with dots beside them on the deck plans have convertible sofa beds in them making them a suite for three people.  They are few and I believe are only the Penthouse A & B suites.  Be sure to inquire with your travel agent on getting you one that can hold three passengers.  I have booked a Penthouse B on Explorer for May 2021 for 3.

Edited by NCCruzQueen

Thank you all! That information is very helpful. I will make sure to have my TA check it out and recommend the appropriate suites. Not sure where I came up with the rollaway bed scenario - I thought I saw something about that on the website maybe? Or just a senior moment🤪.

Just checked the Explorer deck plan. I do not see any sofa beds on any PH category except two dots on deck 6. Stars on all because it is shower, no tub. We have sailed in several. I think you should check directly with Regent. 
sheila

Edited by Bellaggio Cruisers

1 hour ago, seaknots said:

PHA - 917, 1017

PHB - 607, 657

My bad.... you are correct. I just checked the Explorer deck plan. Although, if you are familiar with the sofa in the other PH Suites, it is difficult to  imagine them becoming sofa beds. I am now curious to see a photograph  of the sofa in these four suites. 
Anyone have one, please post for me. Thanks. 
sheila

Responding to the OP,  Mofrances: I'm sorry, but if your 3 adult kids will be traveling with you, then you need to give each of them their own space and not force them to share a cabin, with a queen bed and a sofa bed. The sofa bed in a meant for a child staying with their parents, and not 3 separate adults. Aren't there any larger cabins available that would allow you all to stay together?

21 hours ago, SWFLAOK said:

Responding to the OP,  Mofrances: I'm sorry, but if your 3 adult kids will be traveling with you, then you need to give each of them their own space and not force them to share a cabin, with a queen bed and a sofa bed. The sofa bed in a meant for a child staying with their parents, and not 3 separate adults. Aren't there any larger cabins available that would allow you all to stay together?

You forgot to add the emoticon indicating a humorous comment. 

• Haha 1

On 9/2/2020 at 4:20 PM, jeb_bud said:

You forgot to add the emoticon indicating a humorous comment. 

Yes, I did. There are so many now that it's hard to find one that is totally appropriate, and won't be misinterpreted. I was intending to be humorous.

I never had any kids. I know I missed out on a lot of good times because of that, but deciding on the sleeping arrangements of adult kids isn't one of the things I miss.

• Like 1

No worries I felt the humor! To be completely truthful my kids are "mostly" adult - my sons will all be over 18 but my daughter will only be 15 at the time of sailing. They will be thrilled with the opportunity and years of squishing them into hotel rooms have prepared them for a triple cabin 😆.

We decided to book three Concierge D cabins all in a row and were able to get the pull-out couch 857 for the triple.  So excited for Sydney to Auckland 2021!!