How can I find out more info on an excursion?

Eli_6

I have some questions about a given excursion. It says it goes to three cities but doesn't say what they do thete. Is there an excursion department I can email? Thanks for any help!

Edited by Eli_6

15 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Is there an excursion department I can email?

Shore excursions email:

http://shoreexcursions@carnival.com

http://esolutionssupport@carnival.com

Shore excursions phone Monday - Sunday 9am to 9pm ET.

1-800-845-2599

Shore excursions facts located @:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2866/~/shore-excursion-faqs

20200911-145257.jpg

✌️

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

I have some questions about a given excursion. It says it goes to three cities but doesn't say what they do thete. Is there an excursion department I can email? Thanks for any help!

Eli, have you tried searching for them under "Ports of Call" here on CC? We have found them very useful & informative in narrowing down our excursion choices.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/2-ports-of-call/

• Like 1

Look under Ports of Call.    Do realize that if you call,  most of those people have never been on the tour, and will not be able to give any more information that what is printed.      On the Port of Call board-  you can get a lot more detailed info,   so consider relying more on that information.   

What excursion are you referring to?   

On 9/12/2020 at 6:31 AM, RWolver672 said:

Sometimes in the "Reviews" you can find a lot of information about the excursion from the past guests that have done it.  

There aren't any. This is on one of the European ports Carnival does not usually go.

21 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

Look under Ports of Call.    Do realize that if you call,  most of those people have never been on the tour, and will not be able to give any more information that what is printed.      On the Port of Call board-  you can get a lot more detailed info,   so consider relying more on that information.   

What excursion are you referring to?   

I am trying to find out if either of the two excursions in Lisbon, Portugal go to a specific site.  I asked on the ports of call board.  Emailed Carnival. Nothing.  Also asked John Heald. He didn't know and said he would get back with me but didn't. 🤷‍♀️. The description of two if the excursions say they go to a town but does not elaborate on what you do in that town. I want to see a famous castle. 

2 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

I am trying to find out if either of the two excursions in Lisbon, Portugal go to a specific site.  I asked on the ports of call board.  Emailed Carnival. Nothing.  Also asked John Heald. He didn't know and said he would get back with me but didn't. 🤷‍♀️. The description of two if the excursions say they go to a town but does not elaborate on what you do in that town. I want to see a famous castle. 

Frankly-  IF the tour went to your “famous castle “.  The description would absolutely mention it.    So it doesn’t.  You maybe are looking for something that isn’t there.   Make your OWN arrangements.   Lisbon is simple to tour.   

6 minutes ago, Budget Queen said:

Frankly-  IF the tour went to your “famous castle “.  The description would absolutely mention it.    So it doesn’t.  You maybe are looking for something that isn’t there.   Make your OWN arrangements.   Lisbon is simple to tour.   

It's out of Lisbon, but not in Lisbon.  The description provides no details to anywhere it is going. It just lists the three cities.  The castle is in the city.  Normally, I would agree with you, but the fact that nothing is listed tells me that I can't rule it out.  

I would prefer not too go out on my own driving or riding around Portugal.  I will have kids back on the ship in the Kid's Club. Plus, as if right now, the European ports require you to go on only the cruise ship excursions.  That may change, or it may not.

Edited by Eli_6

Spain Day Tours does excellent  excursions in Portugal as well as Spain. Perhaps try contacting them. They also do group tours and add people as needed. People pay them directly so if you organise a tour and post it on the roll call you are not responsible to collect the money yourself.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

It's out of Lisbon, but not in Lisbon.  The description provides no details to anywhere it is going. It just lists the three cities.  The castle is in the city.  Normally, I would agree with you, but the fact that nothing is listed tells me that I can't rule it out.  

I would prefer not too go out on my own driving or riding around Portugal.  I will have kids back on the ship in the Kid's Club. Plus, as if right now, the European ports require you to go on only the cruise ship excursions.  That may change, or it may not.

The wait until you get on the ship?    If independent touring is allowed Spain Day tours is a long standing well run operation.  At the least-  see if they happen to have your castle tour?      Did you want entry?