Carnival Q3 - 1.7 Billion Net Loss

john91498

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Local news in Orlando this morning said that Carnival will be removing 18 ships from its fleet. We know what the first four are, but no word on which ships/brands make up the other 14.

So far, Carnival Corporation has sold the Costa Mediterranea, Costa Atlantica, Costa Victoria, Costa neoRomantica, Oceana, Amsterdam, Rotterdam,
Maasdam, Veendam, Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Inspiration and the Carnival Imagination. The Carnival Fascination has, officially, also been removed from
Carnival's fleet as she has been placed into cold lay-up in Cadiz with no return date set. Another ship leaving the fleet could be Princess Cruises' Sun
Princess, who fits the background description given today by Peaceboat, who announced the charter of a new ship, in 2021.

Most successful companies have adequate contingency plans for continued success. Unless you are an appointed Board member I would not concern myself with things outside of my influence.

Just remain Loyal and Keep your bags packed and ready to "Sail" when they say "Let's Go"     

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetsfan58 said:

Most successful companies have adequate contingency plans for continued success. Unless you are an appointed Board member I would not concern myself with things outside of my influence.

Just remain Loyal and Keep your bags packed and ready to "Sail" when they say "Let's Go"     

I'll sail again when it's safe, not when they say let's go.  And loyalty will have no bearing on which line I book with.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2020 at 8:52 PM, Lee Cruiser said:

They are also making another $1 billion stock offering.  Definitely not the time to buy.  Don't expect it to reach the $40-50 range for at least a decade if it even does so then.  The debt has skyrocketed and the value of the company has gone down considerably, while at the same time spreading that value to more and more stockholders.

I agree that this is an uncertain time for their stock.

However, a decade for $40 is overreacting. It could legitimately be there this time next year. They could also be bankrupt this time next year too though.

If Carnival doesn't add to their order book for 2022-2025, that capital that would have been used for new ships will likely be used to pay down debt. I'll use an average of $2 Billion/year for discussion purposes.

If Carnival can return to FY 2017-2019 levels of profitability (EBITDA of around $5 Billion) by 2023, that should be around $7 Billion annually for 2023 through 2025.  Carnival's total liabilities as of May 31 were just under $29 Billion.

Fiscal Years 2026-2029 will probably require some investment in new ships to offset the building boom of the late 1990s and early 2000s, but I would expect to start seeing stock buybacks then. This should allow the stock to appreciate.

Dividends will come back after that.

I think CCL hits $50 well before 2030, but getting back to the $75-$80 range by then may be problematic unless if there is growth in profitability later this decade. I don't know if Carnival can cut down the number of outstanding shares back to 2019 levels by 2030.