Royal Redirecting 5 Ships...Is Celebrity Next?

RICCruisers

3 hours ago, sandancer said:

Anyone care to hazard a guess if transatlantic cruises will happen. We are on the Reflection TA in April and Apex in October. My instinct is that April probably won’t happen (tried to L&S without success) but really hoping for October. 

it's strane they are cancelling cruises for fall of 2021, I am on APEX, May 2021 and no word on that being cancelled.  We shall see but I am not holding out too much hope.

On 9/25/2020 at 10:11 PM, stefndoug said:

We are on the Transpacific in April (Japan to Vancouver) on the Millennium...this is what I am thinking will happen too.  I am guessing the Millennium will do coastals (or Mexico) instead before heading to Vancouver in May.   We have had this cruise booked since May 2019 and got such a great deal...oh well...such is life.  

We are booked on the same cruise. I checked the celebrity site today and every room on the Millennium bar the retreat from Nov 20 until the TP in April we're booked on now shows "The Retreat" as the only room available. It could be a capacity issue but with Japan still closed to non essential travel I'm inclined to think the ship wont be heading over at all. I did try and lift and shift the cruise to 2022 but next years ship is a different class and it wont let me - at least I guess thats the reason as the link returns the message that there are no valid options to shift to.

• Like 1

Not unexpected.  

Shorter itineraries replacing longer ones for the same $$$ (or more) provides their needed cash infusion for the loses during the stand down.

Changing itineraries enables them to easily increase prices.

Ports of call are limited, thus the need for itinerary changes.

Following the RCG and NCL agreement for resuming cruising, fewer passengers expected, higher costs will increase prices.

If you do a " lift and shift"  into 2022,  they list some longer itins if that's what you have already booked...   Same price, same perks,   same category.

In our case we chose a diff ship..Reflection instead of Connie...  Slightly diff itin but same # of  nights, same category,  aft suite...hope it  is not changed!

On 9/27/2020 at 7:26 AM, sandancer said:

Anyone care to hazard a guess if transatlantic cruises will happen. We are on the Reflection TA in April and Apex in October. My instinct is that April probably won’t happen (tried to L&S without success) but really hoping for October. 

I would agree with your assessment.